• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-0 Palace: Verdict Thread

As for the game, we were our usual, cautious selves in the first half and only really gave them any chances due to some sloppy play by Jonny (twice) and Boly.

The goal came at a great time in the game and we just looked so comfortable in the second half but I'm really glad we got that 2nd goal as it meant we could relax and play the ball around...

On to Chelsea!

MOTM: Alan. Brilliant performance in the matchday thread mate.

Will Hodgson survive do people think ?

Surely he'll resign himself . He hasn't moved them on at all , but has kept them safe for sure .

Good win, bit sloppy in the first half but got the win without the need to ramp it up really managed the game well and made sure of it this time.

Doherty man of the match for me, such an underrated player (even by some of our own fans).

On to the last game with 6 place still in our own hands and on more points than we finished with last season, the project progresses!

Surely he'll resign himself . He hasn't moved them on at all , but has kept them safe for sure .
Palace were one of a few clubs who had nothing to play for post lockdown. It's difficult to get a team up for that in the sterile atmosphere in which they are playing. I'd suggest they wouldn't have lost 7 on the spin if the season had continued as was with fans. I think he'll be let off that by their ownership as they are going to finish around where they would have targeted at the start of the season and have done so without a relegation battle or a centre forward.

Palace fans are not happy with Hodgson, I think a lot of them understand that they need a manager who's a bit more pragmatic because trying to play open free flowing football with their squad would probably send them down. They are in a situation now though where they've lost 7 in a row and even at 2-0 down yesterday they were taking no risks just passing it about in nothing areas.

Hodgson even came out with a quote before yesterday's game saying that they don't have the luxury of trying younger players. It's literally the best time with no Europe and no relegation to worry about. I think this lockdown has probably saved his bacon as the Palace fans have definitely started to turn but luckily for Roy they've not been able to voice it in the ground

BT said last night he was given only £5m to spend this season while Palace brought in £45m... The owners should probably take a look at themselves

Palace look in danger of going down the same path as Stoke. A lot of players past their best so need some good recruitment to replace them, if they get that recruitment wrong they’ll struggle regardless of who is in charge.

My only real gripe is Donk’s awareness, or lack of it, of offside when playing CH, and appealing rather than nullifying any threat.

Stating the obvious, but most PL teams that become established then spend money to kick on. It's been discussed previously on here that when Bournemouth did so, they did so badly. £34m on Ibe and Solanke. Palace spent £51m on Benteke and Sakho.

The moral of the story is if you have established yourself in the PL and are looking to move to the next level, don't go shopping in Liverpool

People are actually questioning why the first goal wasn’t disallowed because it flicked of Podence arm about 10 seconds before he scores. In between that and him scoring the balls given away by Palace and touches 2 Palace players prior to this in fact 5 players touch the ball before it goes in.

People are actually questioning why the first goal wasn’t disallowed because it flicked of Podence arm about 10 seconds before he scores. In between that and him scoring the balls given away by Palace and touches 2 Palace players prior to this in fact 5 players touch the ball before it goes in.

Yep it's quite simple... If a hand/arm is an assist in a goal it can't be given. That's it!

Peter Walton explained how it wasn't the immediate attacking phase of play resulting in the goal when it brushed Podence's arm. Hence VAR didn't get involved.

It should have been a handball and a free kick as it hit an attacking players arm in the box. It's not a VAR disallowed goal though as it's not in the same phase of play

A roller-coaster of Chelsea emotions for us now. Want them to beat Liverpool, then rest players for the cup final and lose to us, then play well again and beat Arsenal in the final just in case.

So if we're 6th and Arsenal win the cup they go straight through and we have to qualify, is that right?

Back