• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Chelsea: Verdict Thread

Bueno was nowhere near there - he’d gone with the runner beyond the front post - just Kilman switching off and losing track of his man.
Watch it again

It's the 6 running into the back post that creates the doubt in Kilmans mind. He tries to cover both and ends up doing neither. It was Kilmans man for sure but he got distracted by the unmarked 6

Struggling to decide whether we’re a top ten side or a side hoping to achieve 17th, still not a member of the ‘Gary O’Neills barmy army’ clan yet.

Also if anyone dares suggest we sign Broja again then they're getting a slap. Absolutely awful footballer.
He was absolute tripe.

We were godawful for the first half an hour, woke up towards the end of the 1st half, then for the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half were the better team and hung on a bit for what seemed like an eternity. I didn't feel as though they'd score again after their goal, it felt like we saw it out quite well.

Lemina MOTM. Gomes was dreadful for much of the first half but ran his socks off in the 2nd and did a really good job of breaking up play. A good 3 points and in the end just about deserved it.

I'm not sure we'll get as fortunate against Brentford that their forwards will be as inept and cowardly as Chelsea's. Jackson is an absolute pile of crap and Broja is a mountain of it.

Struggling to decide whether we’re a top ten side or a side hoping to achieve 17th, still not a member of the ‘Gary O’Neills barmy army’ clan yet.
It's very much up and down with Gaz, a lot of the time we look disjointed and confused, then occasional he'll sort it out. Today after the RAN 'injury' he clearly tweeked the tactics and we looked good for the next 30 minutes or so. We seemed to lose it a bit after we scored the first
I suppose that's what you get with an inexperienced coach, he's buying himself some time with results like today and performances such as against City, Spurs, Villa and Newcastle.

Don’t think there can be any argument that we’re just trying to stay up this season, but that doesn’t mean Fosun have given up on the ambition entirely.

Tis a marathon more than a sprint, IMV. Headier days may yet await us again.

Best spell was 15 minutes before half time and 10 minutes after.
First half hour was very poor from us and a game in general.
Chelsea are just so wasteful it would be infuriating to watch as a fan.
As many have said I’m pretty certain GON has got most squad working hard for him and is probably why we’ve got as many points as we’ve got. The side pretty much picked itself today.
Results are all that counts atm probably only need 13 points max to guarantee our status.
We’re just very 10th-15th at the moment which I’ll take.

Today GON made the adjustment and we looked much better through the middle.

His subs were all made at good times and all worked well too. So he deserves some credit for his game management today for a change.

Today GON made the adjustment and we looked much better through the middle.

His subs were all made at good times and all worked well too. So he deserves some credit for his game management today for a change.
Doyle was garbage.

Watch it again

It's the 6 running into the back post that creates the doubt in Kilmans mind. He tries to cover both and ends up doing neither. It was Kilmans man for sure but he got distracted by the unmarked 6
Just did - the numbers are there for Santi to go with the runner and Max to stay with Nkunku - maybe it’s lack of understanding due to lack of time together, but Kilman is the major culprit here.

Oddly I enjoyed the game. Not through any particular quality.

GoN keeps putting Hwang through the middle and he just can't play there. He can't hold the ball up and can't link play, he also makes bad runs behind defenders. Cunha looks lost on the left.

It wouldn't have taken much to swap them around and give the Chelsea defenders a different problem.

Semedo, Lemina, RAN and João all very good second half. Sarabia neat and tidy and played a lovely through ball for Hwang to fuck up

Toti, S.Bueno and Cunha all decent without being good.

Kilman, Dawson, Sa and Hwang were dreadful today.

Looked a penalty for Hwang as Silva (?) Just pulled him over when he's trying to get back to his feet.

But it was exciting and we did create plenty. Good to get the win and 3 points.

Don't think I'll ever sing Gary O'Neil's barmy army.

Yes he didn't do a lot but putting an extra man in CM was the right move at the right time.
He didn't put him in CM, he tried to do Sarabia's job. Something he can't do and he ambled back when he'd just come on. It was awful to see a player do that, proper Doc stuff.

I don't get it with him at all. I think he's a slightly better Joe Hodge.

Nothing like a lil OTT criticism after a win…

Doyle’s a kid but not in the Fabio way; he’s got a passing range and delivery we simply can’t replicate elsewhere in the squad. Those traits seem very clear to me.

Game I wasn’t particularly looking forward to considering our last 3 games, but enjoyed it in the end.

Again most of Chelsea’s chances came from our gift wrapped mistakes and a better team would have been at least two up at half time had it not been for some great defending and a Sa save…..and then again with 30 seconds of the first half remaining he had another brainfart to gift another chance

Thought we did okay second half but only again because Chelsea are useless in front of goal.

We have to strengthen in January as we can’t go into the second half of the season with effectively only 14 EPL standard players, recipe for disaster.

Final comments, Sterling is an absolute cheating fuckstump of a player and I’ll give Coote credit as I thought he had a good game all round today, nothing spectacular and made a couple of mistakes but he was fair with both sides….thats all we want

MOM Lemina by a mile

Game I wasn’t particularly looking forward to considering our last 3 games, but enjoyed it in the end.

Again most of Chelsea’s chances came from our gift wrapped mistakes and a better team would have been at least two up at half time had it not been for some great defending and a Sa save…..and then again with 30 seconds of the first half remaining he had another brainfart to gift another chance

Thought we did okay second half but only again because Chelsea are useless in front of goal.

We have to strengthen in January as we can’t go into the second half of the season with effectively only 14 EPL standard players, recipe for disaster.

Final comments, Sterling is an absolute cheating fuckstump of a player and I’ll give Coote credit as I thought he had a good game all round today, nothing spectacular and made a couple of mistakes but he was fair with both sides….thats all we want

MOM Lemina by a mile
Coote did have a good game

Just seen GON on SSN. Says Dawson had a deep cut on his patella. They stitched it up and has been told by the medical staff it'll heal fine and should be OK for Brentford.

Back