• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Everton: Verdict Thread

I'm not sure how many times i need to say it, he was involved in all 3 of our goals 3 weeks ago - there's your end product
Can't see how he was involved in the first to be honest.

I'm in the camp who still believe that he has an important role to play for us.

Well if Adama's end product was half decent then we wouldnt need to criticize. Adama in full flow is a beautiful sight. Its like driving north through Snowdon you carry on and you know you end up in fucking Rhyl..

He got something like 9 assists the season before last. That's more than half decent. It's literally never been eclipsed by a Wolves player in the PL

As i just said he was involved in all 3 of our goals against villa, which was what? 3 weeks ago?

Trincao missed the target from 8 yards on Monday (not for the first time), yet his performance is being lauded.

It's odd to me how much Adama is criticised compared to others.
Trincao absolutely needs to add goals. We can't afford for any of our front 3 to not be chipping in given the paucity of goals elsewhere in the side.

I'd compare Trincao and Adama to RAN and Marcal. Even if the former individually doesn't have a good game, they suit the fluidity of our overall play in the current formation so much better

Sarr has been mooted at a £40-£50m fee.

He cost Watford £25m.
I'm assuming Watford either get relegated or finish near the bottom. It'll be harder to negotiate if the player actively wants to move.

I don't think Adama is in the same position at wolves

If we sell Adama, you watch him come back and haunt us, i just fucking know it. Personally i hope he stays, he still gets you off your seat.
Problem is you usually fling yourself back down swearing and throwing your arms in the air.

We'll probably end up swapping Adama fir Trincao with Barca next summer.
Both clubs get new players, neither club has to spend any money...... seems to make sense

I'm not sure how many times i need to say it, he was involved in all 3 of our goals 3 weeks ago - there's your end product.

2 at a push. I don't count winning a free kick from 25 yards as being involved, especially when the bloke taking it scores about 3% of them he takes. The cross for the Coady goal was good. What was the other, winning a corner or something?

When’s the last time a player’s actual value and their transfer fee were equal?

To say “such and such isn’t worth what we paid” feels like a non-statement to me. Also feels weirdly oxymoronic for us to say on the one hand “just up the bid for Botman” whilst on the other bemoaning the times we have upped our bids to bring players in (Fabio, Semedo, etc).

Just doesn’t feel like a weighty statement in a world where Grealish is “worth” over 100m. The money is all just Monopoly bucks at this point, IMO.

When’s the last time a player’s actual value and their transfer fee were equal?

To say “such and such isn’t worth what we paid” feels like a non-statement to me. Also feels weirdly oxymoronic for us to say on the one hand “just up the bid for Botman” whilst on the other bemoaning the times we have upped our bids to bring players in (Fabio, Semedo, etc).

Just doesn’t feel like a weighty statement in a world where Grealish is “worth” over 100m. The money is all just Monopoly bucks at this point, IMO.
Moutinho for £5m was a bargain as was £19m for Jota and Neves. £20m for Neto is a bargain on the face of it.

Salah for £36m was a bargain, Robertson for £8m was a steal.

There's plenty of examples.

Well, yeah, but those players were undervalued.

My point is that player valuations seem bunk across the board.

2 at a push. I don't count winning a free kick from 25 yards as being involved, especially when the bloke taking it scores about 3% of them he takes. The cross for the Coady goal was good. What was the other, winning a corner or something?
There was a run that led to a couple or so corners before the Saïss goal. Hard to class that as a direct involvement.

Moutinho for £5m was a bargain as was £19m for Jota and Neves. £20m for Neto is a bargain on the face of it.

Salah for £36m was a bargain, Robertson for £8m was a steal.

There's plenty of examples.

In fairness the wolves examples are the other side of the Fabio coin. I don't think either Salah or Robertson were considered good business at the time either, obviously looks genius now.

In fairness the wolves examples are the other side of the Fabio coin. I don't think either Salah or Robertson were considered good business at the time either, obviously looks genius now.

It’s all hindsight isn’t it.

You get some transfers that you think on the face of it look great but turn out to be duds, and you get some when you think that’s ridiculous and they turn out to be a master stroke.

Semedo wise, 27m for someone we felt had his pedigree was lauded at the time when he signed, ablut how it was a statement signing etc, for example. I don’t think it’s as much of a dud as some think.

All clubs have good business and bad business. Just a shame our record signing can’t be considered good business in the current situation

However , if Fabio emulates Salah in goalscoring at any time in his Wolves career I will be astounded and delighted in equal measure.

The Wolves examples are the very core of the Fabio deal. Take Moutinho for 5 one year on the understanding you’re shelling out 35 for X player the next.

Love the forum logic of 'Trincao has only been here five minutes so you can't criticise him', followed by 'he's done enough already to warrant a swap deal with one of our biggest assets'. Which is it?
You're Adamas sister aren't you? :ROFLMAO: Although in your defence a lot of the criticism is way over the top, your championing of him is equally skewed, after the first couple of games he looked like a world beater, since the we seem to have got the Adama of old back.

ps. If you are his sister and your real name is Prawnking Traore then I apologise profusely

Back