• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Newcastle: Verdict Thread

I'd say prostrate on the floor rather than prolapsed*, I believe a prolapse is something very different!

*Fully aware I might have this wrong!
No, I think you're right on this one! Couldn't think of the right word🧐

The problem for me is the ref is taking it on himself to decide there's been no contact to the head and assuming Sa is play acting which of course he may have been but do we get that judgement on every collision? I hate players feigning injury but every player does it every game. I had this discussion with my lad after the Brentford game, his opinion was the ref should play on if he thinks players are just shithousing but I have some sympathy with refs here, they probably have a good idea when an injury is real or not but they daren't take that chance.
I think the ref thought there was contact as he was about to stop play. Then Sa got up so the ref played on.

As we say in many, many American sports, "play to the whistle".

Sa got caught making a meal of the contact and we paid for it. I almost wish teams were always punished so swiftly for that type of crap. Figures it would be us who got the karmic retribution.

As we say in many, many American sports, "play to the whistle".

Sa got caught making a meal of the contact and we paid for it. I almost wish teams were always punished so swiftly for that type of crap. Figures it would be us who got the karmic retribution.
I remember this one.

Much lolz at the absolute piece of work.

Sa isn't a problem as such but there pretty much is at least one moment a game with him. Brentford being the worst when he randomly wandered miles outside the posts when they were attacking, it was plain bizarre. We got away with that one.

He's a mid-table keeper (and an erratic one at that) for a mid-table team. Fine and all that but if we eventually do want to progress - ask the owners, because I haven't got a clue what they want at the moment - then he isn't going to be the answer.

Sa is currently 2nd in the league on post shot expected goals saved.

Wolves are currently 5th "best" in terms of the quality of chance they allow.

Obviously the stats don't show any erratic behaviour.

I'll get my coat

Or we don't give up many clear cut chances as we play three centre halves who barely ever cross halfway, a left wing back where the same applies, and whichever combination we pick, two defensive midfielders.

He's ok. Nothing more, nothing less. He's a bit of a dickhead, which I'm not keen on.

Forgot to mention, we've moved from being dead last for sweeping actions last year to being in the top 5 this season.

So far he hasn't been a downgrade from Rui IMO which is good enough for me at the moment. Also really like his distribution.

I'm happy with him at the moment.
He's a very different keeper from Rui and he is capable of a brain fart every game. I think leveling the goal at him is harsh but he is part of that culpability.

His distribution is very good.

With noting he's not some kid we've bought and he is in his prime so should be PL class.

One thing i noticed on Saturday that may be something or nothing. Donk immediately went down the tunnel at FT, whilst everyone else stayed out to applaud the fans.

I think he can feel a little hard done by to have been dropped after his performance against Southampton, so that may have been a reflection of that, it may have been that he always does that and i've never noticed.

One thing i noticed on Saturday that may be something or nothing. Donk immediately went down the tunnel at FT, whilst everyone else stayed out to applaud the fans.

I think he can feel a little hard done by to have been dropped after his performance against Southampton, so that may have been a reflection of that, it may have been that he always does that and i've never noticed.
Adama did the same, or at least did very quickly

Mmm, to be fair, i wouldn't want them to be happy about not being picked, and i felt both should have come on earlier. But, with such a small squad i hope it's just in the moment annoyance.

Maybe neither of them wanted to milk it having been on for about seven minutes and one minute respectively.

Not everyone is George Elokobi.

"DW in extremely harsh comments on a player he'd already decided he didn't like when he signed shocker".

Seriously, though - he stays down, the ref has the whistle in his mouth and is about to blow. He was a fool for getting back up and attempting to salvage the situation. Stay down and the ref blows = panic over.

To have a pop at him for "cheating" is not only harsh, but weird. He's a professional footballer, flying headfirst in to a players foot/knee. He is entitled to go down there and whether he's hurt or not (i suspect the contact didn't feel like a gentle shoulder massage), lets not pretend this wasn't the norm for a player in this situation.

For me, he's an improvement on Rui. You can't say "oh, his stats are inflated because we play a back three who hardly ever cross the half way line". Apologies - I must have forgotten the swashbuckling attacking football that we played under Nuno when Rui's stats were actually worse...

His distribution is better, his shot stopping is as good, if not better - he does occasionally eccentric stuff, but I can handle this for this improvements elsewhere and the fact he's probably on about 20% of what Rui earned.

Some ridiculously OTT stuff on these last couple of pages but it doesn't surprise me.

Don't you talk to me about OTT stuff :D

He's alright. No more than that. He absolutely is not an improvement on Rui.

To be honest, i think your post is what is OTT rather than the prior balanced discussion?

*He did cheat
*Some aspects of his game are better than Rui's, some are worse.
*I'd be amazed if he is on only 20k a week, but i get your point.

Not only did he cheat, his shit attempt at cheating literally cost us a goal.

Nice kicking though.

"DW in extremely harsh comments on a player he'd already decided he didn't like when he signed shocker".

Seriously, though - he stays down, the ref has the whistle in his mouth and is about to blow. He was a fool for getting back up and attempting to salvage the situation. Stay down and the ref blows = panic over.

To have a pop at him for "cheating" is not only harsh, but weird. He's a professional footballer, flying headfirst in to a players foot/knee. He is entitled to go down there and whether he's hurt or not (i suspect the contact didn't feel like a gentle shoulder massage), lets not pretend this wasn't the norm for a player in this situation.

For me, he's an improvement on Rui. You can't say "oh, his stats are inflated because we play a back three who hardly ever cross the half way line". Apologies - I must have forgotten the swashbuckling attacking football that we played under Nuno when Rui's stats were actually worse...

His distribution is better, his shot stopping is as good, if not better - he does occasionally eccentric stuff, but I can handle this for this improvements elsewhere and the fact he's probably on about 20% of what Rui earned.

Some ridiculously OTT stuff on these last couple of pages but it doesn't surprise me.
What stuff is ridiculously OTT to you?

It is cheating, Jinks. It's cheating when Zaha does it, it's cheating when Christian Pulisic does it, it's cheating when Jose Sa does it.

It's the worst thing about football, bar none.

Back