• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Newcastle: Verdict Thread

It's horrific when you're in that situation.

When we had Saunders and it was so, so, so, so fucking obvious from the very first game what a disaster this was going to be, you're just sat there in a kind of a paralysis. There's this awful manager there ruining everything and all you can do is wait it out. I mean I stopped going, but that doesn't really solve anything other than me thinking I'm making a point.

They were shocking on Saturday. We weren't great, we're nowhere near what we can be at the moment, but it would have been a travesty if they'd got anything. A really poor team.

Im happy with Sa at the moment, it was said earlier that Sa is eccentric, arent ALL goalkeepers ?

It's horrific when you're in that situation.

When we had Saunders and it was so, so, so, so fucking obvious from the very first game what a disaster this was going to be, you're just sat there in a kind of a paralysis. There's this awful manager there ruining everything and all you can do is wait it out. I mean I stopped going, but that doesn't really solve anything other than me thinking I'm making a point.

They were shocking on Saturday. We weren't great, we're nowhere near what we can be at the moment, but it would have been a travesty if they'd got anything. A really poor team.
I remember having a faint spark of hope during the 2nd half of our 1-1 with Leicester that year (Sako scored with his right foot, you know the one). We actually played some really decent football for those 45 minutes (whether because of or in spite of Deano, who can say). I'm not sure Newcastle have even had that lately.

We lost that one 2-1 sadly. We did play well.

He then changed everything for the next game, and we nearly lost again. Batth scored at the end to get a 2-2 vs Leeds. He then threw him under the bus a couple of weeks later.

It was a challenging time.

You'd better let the FA know then, as they believe the law changed in 2016

IFAB Laws of the Game 2021-22

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play.
You're absolutely right mate, and I am wrong.
I'm completely out of date.

What a ridiculous situation they've created there.

Just seen this on one of the Newcastle forums:

Almiron has gone from being a number 10 with a bit of flair to now a hard-working defensive winger on the wrong side

I genuinely forgot he was playing until he went off.

We nearly hired Steve Bruce, that haunts me.

Oh aye, that was another one. When they went through a chorus of "we want Brucie out" (minor criticism - they didn't do this at 0-0 or 1-1. Only when they were losing), some idiot behind me said "who do they think would do any better". Fucking hell.

Steve Bruce is better at writing detective novels than he is at managing football teams.

You'd better let the FA know then, as they believe the law changed in 2016

IFAB Laws of the Game 2021-22

If an offside offence occurs, the referee awards an indirect free kick where the offence occurred, including if it is in the player’s own half of the field of play.

Thanks NSL....... that's something new I've learned today!

We lost that one 2-1 sadly. We did play well.

He then changed everything for the next game, and we nearly lost again. Batth scored at the end to get a 2-2 vs Leeds. He then threw him under the bus a couple of weeks later.

It was a challenging time.
Did we lose? Fuck, I've remembered that one as a 1-1 draw for years.

Even Doumbia played well that half. Fucking perfect storm of football oddities for us on that day.

Happy to report that I've pretty much blocked the entire rest of that season from my memory. Only other things I've got are SEB getting crocked and Doc getting splattered by LuaLua in the final match against Brighton.

It is cheating, Jinks. It's cheating when Zaha does it, it's cheating when Christian Pulisic does it, it's cheating when Jose Sa does it.

It's the worst thing about football, bar none.
Cheating when Jimenez did it at the end of the game too.

...yep. It is.
You’re right it is. But football authorities have done the square root of fuck all about the dark arts for absolutely eons so , in many cases, crime pays. See Brentford Burnley, Bournemouth and Jack Grealish. Probably add Man United and their penalty record to that list too. It’s wrong, you can take the moral high ground or you can play them at their own game.Sa did the latter but didn’t do it properly. He was hurt but not seriously so did neither option he had well.

Last edited:
I suppose it is cheating of a sort, but I can think of plenty far worse with the modern game. As always, follow the money

Wolves 2021 is not something it ever pretended not be.

Glad Adama was ousted and delighted with gritty performances from Chang who looks confident and strong on the ball and if he is somebody who can put shit teams to the sword he adds value.

I'm liking the goalie looks a livewire and also Killman who is developing fast.

Still need a left back and I'm hoping Otasowie can come in the middle with Ruben (suspect he is injured)

Liverpool City best game I've seen for 2 years.

Wolves 2021 is not something it ever pretended not be.

Glad Adama was ousted and delighted with gritty performances from Chang who looks confident and strong on the ball and if he is somebody who can put shit teams to the sword he adds value.

I'm liking the goalie looks a livewire and also Killman who is developing fast.

Still need a left back and I'm hoping Otasowie can come in the middle with Ruben (suspect he is injured)

Liverpool City best game I've seen for 2 years.
Sorry Papper. We sold Owen in the summer :(

Back