• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 1 Owls verdict thread.

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
Well at least we ended the season with a win. Still a disappointing season though.

And Mason too, impressed by him until Jackett took him off to see what young Dave Edwards can do. Great first half, second half Jackett reverted to Mr Cautious and we almost succeeded in throwing away 2 points in injury time.

I live in hope that that was Jackett's swansong

And Mason too, impressed by him until Jackett took him off to see what young Dave Edwards can do. Great first half, second half Jackett reverted to Mr Cautious and we almost succeeded in throwing away 2 points in injury time.

I live in hope that that was Jackett's swansong

I think he may well still be in charge come August.

Only 2 ways that KJ leaves

1) He decides to go away and try a new challenge (maybe Cardiff?)
2) We get a new Owner

Jez isn't going to fire him until we are in deep shit and regardless of how people think this season went, it never really hit deep shit in terms of relegation threat, it was the perfect example of a bang average season.

We can have a decent season next season but the attitude across the whole club needs to change.

Nondescript end to a nondescript season, love the Dave Edwards song though.

Thought we had a really good first half, two assists and a showboat moment from Doherty were some stand out moments!

We lost momentum by switching to 442 for the second half, not overly certain my ALF came on instead of Hunte or Bright. I will be really pissed off if we offer ALF a perm contract!

Either way I reckon KJ is here next year. With Dicko and Graham we will be a far better/more attacking team (hopefully...)

Really poor not giving Hunte or Bright any game time. I'm not talking starts I'm talking once we realised they were playing a second string and wouldn't be as strong as their previous 45 games, he could've got one or both on at half time, especially with Wallace going off. Seems like an encouraging display but I legit fear the vultures will circle over summer and we'll have to throw these lads in with the Sharks next season when we've wasted ample opportunity to give them a good go over the last month and assess their readiness. Next season we might just have to roll with it, especially with no loan window.

That said, three points is three points. I've been heavily critical of Saville but it looks like he's starting to come good, pleased for him. Onto summer.

Best away support of the season. Bringing some long lost atmosphere to Molineux.

I was out, so didn't even get to listen. Was Wallace injured? If he had good 45 then must have been, right? I'm hopeful for him next season as he is so talented.

Not surprised, but still disgusted that Edwards and Le Fondre were the only players to come on when young Bright and Hunte need this game time for their development.

Only 2 ways that KJ leaves

1) He decides to go away and try a new challenge (maybe Cardiff?)
2) We get a new Owner

Jez isn't going to fire him until we are in deep shit and regardless of how people think this season went, it never really hit deep shit in terms of relegation threat, it was the perfect example of a bang average season.

We can have a decent season next season but the attitude across the whole club needs to change.

that in bold sums it up for me, great with a win though and two goals

Wallace was "ill" at half time according to KJ. Not that he has any defence for bringing on DE and ALF instead of one of the kids.

It's a poor bloody show if Jackett is not dismissed, immediately. I, for one, am not interested is going to watch The Wolves until we show some guts and ambition and get rid of our mediocre, out-of-his-depth manager and, preferably, Moxey too. Secondly, I will not darken the doors of Molineux (for the first time at the start of the season since 1968) unless we find a different sponsor (or no sponsor at all) and drop 'The Money Shop'. The Wolves are not a 'top' club. Nor are we a 'big' club. I cannot accept these low standards. Fire Jackett, now.

Neither of those are going to happen

The least that should happen is that we get rid of Jackett. He's clearly out of his depth. I know I'm not alone, in my view. I cannot understand the logic of keeping such a useless lump.

I don´t think for one second Jackett will go..because of the uncertain situation of the club with Morgan wanting out and all that..unfortunately we have to stick with him (at least) until we have a new owner..

I totally agree. His race has been run here for months. However, this side of a takeover he is safe as houses.

As for the Money Shop thing - no way will Wolves change that decision. Best thing to do is refuse to buy the shirt with the logo on it. I am hoping they can supply a large one without logo for Micro (11 years old and 5 foot 8) which I will then wear. Otherwise, not a chance am I buying a shirt while they are the sponsor.

The least that should happen is that we get rid of Jackett. He's clearly out of his depth. I know I'm not alone, in my view. I cannot understand the logic of keeping such a useless lump.
He isnt out his depth though. If he was Charlton or MK would still be in this Division and we wouldn't. He is very capable of getting a team to an average finish. However if you want to challenge the top 4 he isnt the man. Us fans might expect us to do that but the attitude in the club right now is do what KJ is delivering.

I totally agree. His race has been run here for months. However, this side of a takeover he is safe as houses.

As for the Money Shop thing - no way will Wolves change that decision. Best thing to do is refuse to buy the shirt with the logo on it. I am hoping they can supply a large one without logo for Micro (11 years old and 5 foot 8) which I will then wear. Otherwise, not a chance am I buying a shirt while they are the sponsor.

Then Jackett should do the decent thing and resign. It's patently clear that he's out of his depth. His remaining at WWFC would just prove that he, like most of our players, is just a mercenary - a soldier of fortune. Surely Jackett knows that he is struggling - he cannot honestly believe his own bullshite that he spouts, can he?

Back