• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - 1 Owls verdict thread.

Just 2 points from me:
Le Fondre coming on at half time when he won't be here next year with Bright on the bench....just fuck off

In a nothing game against another teams reserves who weren't interested we panicked after they scored, another 5 minutes and they would have equalised, just like Bolton did. There is a severe lack of leadership in that team.

Just 2 points from me:
Le Fondre coming on at half time when he won't be here next year with Bright on the bench....just fuck off

In a nothing game against another teams reserves who weren't interested we panicked after they scored, another 5 minutes and they would have equalised, just like Bolton did. There is a severe lack of leadership in that team.
What worries me is that it could mean Kenny is considering signing him and wanted to have one last look, I cant think of any other explanation for such a strange decision.

Le Fondre will not sign for Wolves off his own back, why would you when you have been bench fodder most of the season. ALF is a dangerous player played in the right area, which is a box striker, however Jackett obviously hasnt a clue how to use him correctly.

I think he wanted to finish on a win. So went with the experienced players.

On some issues he won't win. We win and it is only due to playing a reserve team. He puts the kids on and we lose 3-2 he will get it from all angles about chucking the game away ...

Now looking forward to Jez talking next week about spending and buying early only to be sat here after the season has started being stunned that the re-signing of Tommy Rowe is all we have done.

You're right with that last point, Siggy. A long summer after a very long season...

Best first half this season (at least out of the games I went to) - went to sleep in the second

Probably the South Bank's fault that Edwards came on as think the Edwards song started about 5 mins before that - Kenny clearly took that as an instruction ;)

Still had a very happy weekend - good company, beer & food

Best first half this season (at least out of the games I went to) - went to sleep in the second

Probably the South Bank's fault that Edwards came on as think the Edwards song started about 5 mins before that - Kenny clearly took that as an instruction ;)

Still had a very happy weekend - good company, beer & food

In fairness to Edwards - giving him a chance to play could be due to him in contention for the Euro's.

Bringing on Alf instead of Enobakhare makes no sense whatsoever! The lack of Hunte (or even Byrne) as well shows me a lack of forward planning for next season. IMO that's a worry as I'm assuming KJ will still be in charge.

Thought we played well until we changed to 442, and having Sen highlights I think Doherty was unlucky to concede the pen.

Only thing I can think with ALF is that KJ wanted a final look as to whether to sign on permanent for next year - not a good idea unless we change how we play to use him properly & don't think he would want to come here seeing as how little he has been used this season

As to the penalty - can't see how that was deliberate, which I thought was required for that outcome

Only thing I can think with ALF is that KJ wanted a final look as to whether to sign on permanent for next year - not a good idea unless we change how we play to use him properly & don't think he would want to come here seeing as how little he has been used this season

As to the penalty - can't see how that was deliberate, which I thought was required for that outcome

I guess one final look at Le Fondre makes some weird sense, though what he was going to do in one game to prove his value is beyond me!

I guess one final look at Le Fondre makes some weird sense, though what he was going to do in one game to prove his value is beyond me!

None of what has happened this season makes that much sense - so this fits in perfectly

As for the Money Shop thing - no way will Wolves change that decision. Best thing to do is refuse to buy the shirt with the logo on it. I am hoping they can supply a large one without logo for Micro (11 years old and 5 foot 8) which I will then wear. Otherwise, not a chance am I buying a shirt while they are the sponsor.

Darlo & I decided to go for the 'Older (in my case just old) supporters nostalgia look' on Saturday as we both turned in matching 1974 league cup retro tops - not that I would contemplate one of next years shirts

I know its been on the stand for a while but damned if I am going to walk around town giving them free advertising

I have the 1980 League Cup final retro shirt to wear myself. I might get the 1974 or 1960 one from the club shop in the summer to have a wide retro selection. Either that or dig out some of the older Chaucer shirts - the White away was class, and I liked the blue and also the Borussia Dortmund lite away tops.

I have the 1980 League Cup final retro shirt to wear myself. I might get the 1974 or 1960 one from the club shop in the summer to have a wide retro selection. Either that or dig out some of the older Chaucer shirts - the White away was class, and I liked the blue and also the Borussia Dortmund lite away tops.

The 74 ones are on offer at the moment, which is why I bought one (think the 1960 cup ones are as well)

I am currently wearing the 2000 'old gold' shirt, lovely classic styling with black piping and a Goodyear logo that will outlive all of us!

I am currently wearing the 2000 'old gold' shirt, lovely classic styling with black piping and a Goodyear logo that will outlive all of us!

Branch 9 on the back?

[squadnumbersgeek] Ketsbaia and Proudlock were number 9 in the two seasons we wore that shirt [/squadnumbersgeek]

[shirtgeek]I'm sure we only had that shirt for one season?[/shirtgeek]

Edit: 2000-02, didn't realise we had that beauty for 2 seasons

2000/1 and 2001/2.

kets.jpg

6616_350_233

Back