• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

Hard not to give Sarabia the man of the match.
Look at his production!
on for 10 minutes, scores a fantastic goal and plays such a beautifully weighted ball for Lemina to help on its way.

Man of the match is Lemina all day long. We dropped lucky getting him for as cheap as we did - he’s a £25-30m midfielder.

Man of the match is Lemina all day long. We dropped lucky getting him for as cheap as we did - he’s a £25-30m midfielder.
Careful now... might have to give some credit to those in charge of recruitment. ;)

Dawson's booking was his 5th by my calculations, so that's him suspended for Fulham after the international break.

All of RAN, Lemina and Gomes on 4 now, one away from a suspension.

My local football mates are both Spurs fans so watching that with them was a bit special today!

Absolutely deserved I think, apart from not being switched on for their goal we stopped them creating anything, really solid defensive performance. More impressed with Toti the more I see him and Lemina MOTM, absolute rock.

Great to see Sarabia come on and have such a massive impact after so many games where he seemed to disappear. What. A. Goal.

Before that a lot of industry going forward but classic Wolves no end product. We're creating so many more chances now though that even with our poor final ball/shot we're still scoring. RAN especially I thought had a cracker today.

Other thoughts: best Doc cameo this season, even if it was just for not being blatantly dreadful. João Gomes had a good game breaking up spurs play and recycling the ball. Sa was in exactly the right position for that Lo Celso shot so credit to him for that.

And props to Gary O'Neil. COYW!

If Sarabia can hit a ball like that into that tiny gap, he should be our penalty taker!
Unless it was a lucky strike?

Yes, that's an issue as well but let's not pretend we don't have a goalscoring issue.
What are you expecting? 2 goals per game, on current form we’d get 50 goals this season that’s very good for a side that is mid table.
Our best in a PL season is 51 in 19/20 season

I think unfortunately the goals against is something we’re sacrificing at the moment to throw bodies forward. Although having said that, it’s the defensive concentration lapses that kill us - see today. Spurs didn’t really have a sniff after that.

Dawson's booking was his 5th by my calculations, so that's him suspended for Fulham after the international break.

All of RAN, Lemina and Gomes on 4 now, one away from a suspension.
Game week 19 for the cut off or earlier?

The conceding of goals is a slight concern but our scoring, while still not a brilliant conversion rate is the best its been for years. Our midfield and approach play has been a joy to watch so far this season.

And the rest! He’s rock solid in the middle and impacting games at both ends more than Neves used to…

And the rest! He’s rock solid in the middle and impacting games at both ends more than Neves used to…

I don’t mean to disrespect Ruben, but as soon as Lemina got his feet under the table I knew we’d be fine once Neves inevitably left. We put in some great performances under Lopetegui with Lemina and Gomes in midfield. Ruben could pick a pass and is probably the best DM we’ve had in my lifetime, but the midfield is considerably more dynamic now.

Ruben’s problem was, apart from the first season with Moutinho, we never found the right partner.

@Alan, if you got into this game on 90 minutes, - by the way, can you imagine that for whatever reason people left, how SICK, they must feel, if they left before 90 mins feel, Wow!! - we'd have been lamenting all those missed chances and there were 5 or 6 absolutely nailed on chances that we failed to net, so yes, we sure do have a goalscoring problem. Shocking misses all through 90 mins.
Spurs must be sick!
So it's so easy to be blinded by the fantastic added on 10 minutes, but the 90 mins was a good game, played well, but missed those chances!
Imagine, if we'd scored them at 90 minutes the score might have been 5-1, Imagine that!

I was keeping up with the matchday thread but it was the same negativity as it always is. 😆

Good thing the game lasts 90 minutes!

Back