• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Newcastle Utd: Verdict Thread

Webb even says they never spoke to "Tayls" after he gave his reason for the penalty

So it IS a PL problem? None of these decisions make any fucking sense whatsoever when you hear the audio, we know the decisions are wank but fuck me hearing that shit just exacerbates it ridiculously. They are utterly incompetent or, if they are just looking to uphold the wrong decision, fucking corrupt.

The PL has a VAR problem. UEFA has a VAR handball problem

Not sure how them being paid off by the Saudi's explains the shit decision v Luton.

Getting some practice in. The number of decisions favouring Newcastle since the refereeing junket is very clear and very obvious.

I hate these VAR review shows. They serve no purpose other than for the media to make bank off the back of these shitty decisions. Once you've got ex referees sitting on the Soccer Saturday panel or chatting pure shite with Michael Owen for an easy half hours pay there's no incentive to fix the problems.

Last edited:
I hate these VAR review shows. They serve no purpose other than for the media to make bank off of the bank of these shitty decisions. Once you've go ex referees sitting on the Soccer Saturday panel or chatting pure shite with Michael Owen for an easy half hours pay there's no incentive to fix the problems.
You've upset Michael

I’ll never forget the desert island / Michael Owen / corned beef post. Absolute classic and still makes me belly laugh today.

Doesn’t touch the left leg, doesn’t touch the right leg but we’ve decided that there was contact so confirm the penalty. 😡
The VAR official says "The key factor is does the defender make contact with the ball". No you fucking dumbass, the key factor is does the defender make contact with the player. If this is the kind of logic these fuckwits are using to make up their decisions no wonder the system is broken.

The VAR official says "The key factor is does the defender make contact with the ball". No you fucking dumbass, the key factor is does the defender make contact with the player. If this is the kind of logic these fuckwits are using to make up their decisions no wonder the system is broken.
Agreed. It's one thing taking ages to come to a decision, but to take ages to come to a decision and STILL get it wrong is some going.

astonishing really. though I think it’s less the system and more the personnel and messaging. I mean if a ref can’t identify a foul from a non foul he shouldn’t be a ref.

Refs hate the ‘never played the game’ comments (and even the likes of ESPN Dale recently took umbrage with it) but failure to spot these simulations perfectly demonstrate why they are made.

Back