• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Newcastle Utd: Verdict Thread

I can’t really work out what the defender is doing. Does he fall over or is he actually trying to grab him (which would be bizarre). Either way he doesn’t touch him and even the striker can’t believe he got a pen!

Just has a wild grab at his shirt as he goes over but just grazes it.

Should it have been a red? Don't think he denied a goalscoring opportunity as he got his shot away.

Feel for the player there too.

If he gets a red it's likely overturned on appeal but he's got to eat that yellow because Taylor is useless.

I usually think Taylor's alright tbh.

Am I just too stoned when I watch his matches?

I usually think he's ok, but against newcastle he had a shocker.

He’s one of the better ones just had a mare last Saturday, still maintain Gillett was far more at fault for the penalty call.
He certainly was,, he's an appalling official on and off the pitch. Which is a pity as he was very good. The shambles that is the PGMOL has ruined him.

Cant really blame the ref when he has a spilt second to see an incident at full speed, there's no shame in getting the call wrong.
Get rid of the phrase 'clear and obvious' and problem is solved 90% of the time.

I'm pretty sure he said something to stop VAR getting involved, like did he touch him, yes or no? It doesn't make sense otherwise for him to get dropped and Gillett a high profile game at the weekend. It would also support the ref hierarchy discussion

I'm pretty sure he said something to stop VAR getting involved, like did he touch him, yes or no? It doesn't make sense otherwise for him to get dropped and Gillett a high profile game at the weekend. It would also support the ref hierarchy discussion

ESPN Dale said he wasn’t dropped. Was just a coincidence…

ESPN Dale said he wasn’t dropped. Was just a coincidence…
Of course it was. If he'd got Leicester v Leeds that would have been credible. He's just another PGMOL mouthpiece. Mike Dean said PL refs normally get a weekend off before the CL, so he must have asked for a game. Another statement which is complete rubbish if held up to the most basic of scrutiny

It's just what you knew at the time. They are looking to find a reason to justify Tayls' decision. Webb's chatter is hollow, because the week after exactly the same happened again.

Doesn’t touch the left leg, doesn’t touch the right leg but we’ve decided that there was contact so confirm the penalty. 😡

It's just what you knew at the time. They are looking to find a reason to justify Tayls' decision. Webb's chatter is hollow, because the week after exactly the same happened again.
Yep, exactly what we said in the ground.

Who is the Phil Neal wannabe agreeing with everything being said?

Steve Meredith who was the 2nd VAR official. The whole thing is broken, Taylor gives a decision which Gillett looks to uphold and Meredith just agrees, it's pathetic. Still don't know why Taylor took the fall though, because unless they've edited the commentary, he made an incorrect, but understandable decision on the pitch, it's VAR who should have been stood down and where was the "what did you see" on Sunday when he gave another ropey penalty?

No contact "AGREE"
but it's a penalty "AGREE"

Back