• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Newcastle Utd: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

A good game of football, and a point isn't a bad result against these nowadays. A little bit of annoyance with the incredibly soft penalty decision, but we wasted plenty of good chances too as well. Draw probably a fair result in the end.

I'll give Dawson the MOTM because he was immense and didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Less said about Sa the better. I'll leave that to Deutsch.

Last edited:
Tough match & result, that. Absolute minimum we deserved was a draw. Shouldn’t have been a penalty for them and we looked the more likely to win up to Neto going off.

I guess we can’t grumble at a point, but felt like they were there for the taking.

Referee diabolical.

Gutted for Pedro. Not sure what GON will do without him. He’s been our biggest threat by an absolute mile, so I don’t think we score many goals for a few weeks.

Good draw against a good team. Feel we would have won with a decent referee in charge. I must admit I would rather we had lost & Neto was 100%. He is phenomenal. Great second goal by us.

Newcastle will wonder how they got anything from that game. Another fucking shit penalty decision and VAŔ again showing itself to be a complete failure on it's own terms. Not sure how we don't get a pen for a hold on Sasa either.

On the positive side we were great!

Hopefully Neto’s injury isn’t as bad as it looked and the stretcher is a precaution.

Really pleased with how we played - we look infinitely better going forwards and a lot more assured at the back. Most of all, we didn’t descend into petulant mode a la last season when a contentious decision went against us. When we go behind now I genuinely believe we can claw it back, which wasn’t the case even six months ago.

Deserved 3, got 1. Really impressed with how the team is playing, look like we could regularly turn over "big" teams for the first time since Nuno.

Gutted for Neto, another injury so soon after hitting peak form again, hopefully it's not as bad as it looked.

The signs are still positive though. And we're scoring goals.

Entertaining game, probably a fair result although I thought up until the Neto injury we were by far the better team in the 2nd half. Their 2nd shouldn't have been, our 2nd was superb. Not sure what we will do about replacing Neto. He's been pretty much irreplaceable this season.

Probably a fair result overall. Dodgy penalty against us, don't think our shouts were penalties.
After the second equaliser really thought we were gunna go on and win it, they looked there for the taking. Injury to Pedro really took the wind out of our sails. We couldn't really string much together.
Hope Netos injury isn't as bad as it looked.

I'd guess Neto is out until Christmas, awful for him when he's in such incredible form.

Another bad VAR decision, can kind of see why the ref gives it but VAR just needs to say "take a look", it's not undermining the ref it's just giving another view and in this case he'd have seen it was a dive.

Mostly we played really well, though Hwang was having a poor game but then he pops up with a goal that reminds me of Helder Costa v Cardiff.

Decent game, shocking ref. Seems to be a bit of a theme this season.

Anyways, probably the most enjoyable Wolves team since Project Restart or whatever it was called in the UK.

Hats off the the coach who has us attacking with bodies in the box, and scoring goals every game. Both things people were (rightly) crying out for all summer.

12 points from 10 games inc. v City, Liverpool, Utd, Villa, Brighton and now Newcastle. Some said it couldn't be done

The way we played without Neto is a concern. We went very flat, which I can appreciate on a human but not professional level...see Raul as the contrast. Absolutely gutted for him. Think we need to stay 4 at the back which on tele we appeared to be for a lot of the game to compensate and hope Bellegarde can come in.

Not sure how you sum up that performance from Hwang so I won't try.

We have obvious issues with the final ball/shot/decision making but we are the most exciting to watch going forwards since pre Covid.

Absolutely devastated by the Neto injury. So unfair.

Really good performance though, quality performance which really deserved better than just a point. Sá is a fucking idiot and has cost us 2 points again.

That O'Neil interview was brilliant. I like him. I think he's a great character and intelligent. I think he's going to be a good manager.

Takes no credit for any of it whatsoever. Just credits the players and their hard work.

Back