• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Newcastle Utd: Verdict Thread

The way we played without Neto is a concern. We went very flat, which I can appreciate on a human but not professional level...see Raul as the contrast. Absolutely gutted for him. Think we need to stay 4 at the back which on tele we appeared to be for a lot of the game to compensate and hope Bellegarde can come in.

Not sure how you sum up that performance from Hwang so I won't try.

We have obvious issues with the final ball/shot/decision making but we are the most exciting to watch going forwards since pre Covid.
I thought the phrase you used about the match being a showcase of our "greatest hits" was spot on

Sa brain fart
Awful officials
Wasteful in front of goal
Hwang being awful & brilliant
Neto being ace and then getting injured

I feel like I've seen this one already

Takes no credit for any of it whatsoever. Just credits the players and their hard work.
Already identified each players strengths and weaknesses as well and is helping them all improve.
The time he's spending with each player is appreciated and being reciprocated with effort.
Great to see.

Hwang is what he is, gets in good scoring positions, scores goals, works his bollocks off.
His technique is poor, otherwise we'd all be talking about how much we'd get for him in January when he inevitably gets sold.

O'Neil for me is the real deal. I used to love reading this forum with some great posts from respected, valued and seasoned posters. That all changed and the disrespect towards players and managers breeds desperation and negativity. I hope some of the regular posters can abstain from the awful vitriol they heap on players and managers or at least temper it. Hwang, Kilearn, Doherty, Sa and others have all been called some terrible names without foundation. Wind it in boys. Let's get this forum back to the good old days. Criticism is OK but the language used is below my expectation of some serial posters. Oh and I'm not a happy clapper more a glass not empty. If you offered me Lop or O'Neil it would be an easy choice for me.

Somehow O'Neil has got us looking like a team who can give anyone in the division a decent game. We're a joy to watch at the moment. Big test for GON now to keep up the momentum without our best player. For once an international break might be a good thing.

O'Neil for me is the real deal. I used to love reading this forum with some great posts from respected, valued and seasoned posters. That all changed and the disrespect towards players and managers breeds desperation and negativity. I hope some of the regular posters can abstain from the awful vitriol they heap on players and managers or at least temper it. Hwang, Kilearn, Doherty, Sa and others have all been called some terrible names without foundation. Wind it in boys. Let's get this forum back to the good old days. Criticism is OK but the language used is below my expectation of some serial posters. Oh and I'm not a happy clapper more a glass not empty. If you offered me Lop or O'Neil it would be an easy choice for me.
If you want to change the narrative then please contribute more.

Absolutely devastated by the Neto injury. So unfair.

Really good performance though, quality performance which really deserved better than just a point. Sá is a fucking idiot and has cost us 2 points again.
Or was it the ref?

& they laugh at you - pathetic posters.

Goodman was irritating tonight.

Wilson man of the match.

"He's not been the best player on the pitch, but..."

Don as soon as you said that you lost credibility.

Trippier smashes into a first half tackle he says its a great tackle, Lemina does the same second half and says it was dangerous.

He didn't put his balls on the line about the Sasa or Hwang penalty and didn't the pair of the go on about Newcastle playing the other night?!?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter.

As for Taylor I can understand why he gave a pen in real time, but that should be overturned, and his use of yellow cards was very inconsistent.

Last edited:
Or was it the ref?
It's that debate again, ref gives it then it's a shit penalty, VAR doesn't overturn it then it becomes something bigger. Someone said on the matchday thread they didn't send him to the video because that infers he's made a mistake and he's a top referee so they won't do that. I don't mind Taylor, I think he'd have taken the instruction and took his own view.

Back