• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-2 Newcastle Utd: Verdict Thread

Just got in absolutely soaked, delighted with how we played and character shown by everyone.
Never known one team get so much luck in one game, the penalty is a disgusting decision by Gillett. Neto getting injured when he does completely kills our momentum had not happened I think we’d have won, it allowed them to take a breather and re-group.

Sort of half watched on Sky while I was trying all manner of ways to get a bottle lock off a bottle of Baileys. I thought we played well from what I saw, the penalty was a disgraceful decision and again just shows that VAR is not being used as it should. It’s officially killed my love for the game. Lascelles on Sasa was more of a penalty as he was actually fouling him but no.

Killer to lose Neto again and I hope it’s not too bad for our sake and his. He’s been on fire.
I’d have taken a point before the game but we deserved three. O’Neil is slowly but surely changing my opinion of him. Long may it continue.

Poster with 8 posts all within the last month, moans about the changing nature of the forum. Satire is officially dead
Posting all the time perhaps does? I agree with you sometimes & sometimes not. All you (& others) have given me is grief which is why I do not post very often.

Notable mentions, Dawson was excellent, Semedo worked really hard with Neto, Doyle looks very calm and controlled on the ball and Hwang did the the thing I love from a goalscorer, play poorly but still score.

Sort of half watched on Sky while I was trying all manner of ways to get a bottle lock off a bottle of Baileys. I thought we played well from what I saw, the penalty was a disgraceful decision and again just shows that VAR is not being used as it should. It’s officially killed my love for the game. Lascelles on Sasa was more of a penalty as he was actually fouling him but no.

Killer to lose Neto again and I hope it’s not too bad for our sake and his. He’s been on fire.
I’d have taken a point before the game but we deserved three. O’Neil is slowly but surely changing my opinion of him. Long may it continue.
Gary is the real deal.

Surprised (or not) Kilman didn't get much love tonight, I thought he (and Dawson) were excellent.

Many biting, proactive, challenges smashing into Wilson on the half way line, a number of blocks too.

Last edited:
Sa clearly fucks up on the goal, if he has any doubt he should punch. God knows what Traore is doing in that area either, and if Sa has called (doesn't looks like he has) he needs to get out of the way.

Someone said on the matchday thread they didn't send him to the video because that infers he's made a mistake and he's a top referee so they won't do that. I don't mind Taylor, I think he'd have taken the instruction and took his own view.
Yeah that was me.

"Clear & Obvious" should really be changed to "Reasonable Doubt." it's just far too high a bar as it stands and allows VAR officials to bottle decisions and not put pressure on their colleagues.

With a call of reasonable doubt, that way the ref can go and have a look and decide for himself whether he's made the right decision. I'm sure the on field ref would much prefer to make that judgment themselves, rather than hearing in his ear that he's got it wrong and needs to go over and look to confirm and then change the decision.

Enjoyed that. Really did feel that we were going on to win that game 3-2 from the start of the second half, until the Neto injury. Wonder if Doyle has done enough to start ahead of Traore next week. Looked good. Another good game from Semedo, if only he didn’t lose his composure when he gets in position to cross or shoot. Both of their goals gifted through mistakes rather than anything they particularly merited but, that said, a draw not a wildly unfair outcome. Let’s hope we build on this with a win at a pretty lamentable Blades.

Wishing Neto a very speedy recovery.

Sa clearly fucks up on the goal, if he has any doubt he should punch. God knows what Traore is doing in that area either, and if Sa has called (doesn't looks like he has) he needs to get out of the way.
Loads of times he comes and punches, but this time he decides to come over the top of players and try and catch it. With a wet ball on a rainy night....

Just a really bad decision.

Back