• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Verdict Thread

Second one absolutely is a pen. In fact there's two lots of contact. Yes, he's looking for it, just looking to roll him and get a touch as he's doing nothing at all from that position, but then Coady shouldn't be so tight and shouldn't be getting anything like involved.

First one is also a cheap foul but never going to be overturned, the question is whether it was outside the box (I maintain it was until someone can show me otherwise).

The non-penalty against Gibbs is the travesty if you really want one.

Two soft pens to give away and a throw in that we should have dealt with and Rui should have saved it.

What are they saying then? Don't worry lads, just let them score? Genuinely would like to know. Maybe the manager doesn't say it directly, but surely the team, particularly the defence know they need to do it?
You say football is different between the leagues. As far as i'm aware if you score more you win the game, whatever league it is. Them scoring more than us, and all those other teams doing it have fucked us. Conceding goals early for us is fucking us. There is no arguing that fact.

Of course I don't know exactly what they saying. I do know that team meetings are done the day before the game in lots of clubs and the routines will be set at the beginning of the season. Do they spend all matchday together.

Often set plays are reinforced in the changing rooms when team sheets arrive and I wouldn't be surprised if there was no specific talk at all by Nuno (or any manager) but conversations with players individually and with coaches.

The general perceived view of a teamtalk in a Sunday league style hasn't been done for years, is far more nuanced than that these days.

It isn't the case you all turn up and see the manager once a week who tells you to keep it tight in a shithole changing room somewhere on Fowler's Park.

Of course I don't know exactly what they saying. I do know that team meetings are done the day before the game in lots of clubs and the routines will be set at the beginning of the season.

Often set plays are reinforced in the changing rooms when team sheets arrive and I wouldn't be surprised if there was no specific talk at all by Nuno (or any manager) but conversations with players individually and with coaches.

The general perceived view of a teamtalk in a Sunday league style hasn't been done for years, is far more nuanced than that these days.

It isn't the case you all turn up and see the manager once a week who tells you to keep it tight in a shithole changing room somewhere on Fowler's Park.
Genuine question for you as i don't know you from Adam. Have you played team football?

And what do the Wolves players do when they all huddle around in a circle on the pitch? Maybe they have a pot on who is going to concede/score first?

Should have been disallowed for the elbow to neves face though
Very similar to the elbow to Hoevers face against Everton that we also didn’t get.

I havent watched it back, so will take your word for it. I was just responding to Fred saying Rui should have saved it. We should have dealt with it better, foul on Neves or not.

I am desperate for Nuno to turn this around and I dread to think how he’s feeling tonight. At what point do you actually thanks but it’s not working anymore?

Should have been disallowed for the elbow to neves face though
Very similar to the elbow to Hoevers face against Everton that we also didn’t get.
We don't get shit. It's like every referee has a grudge now because Nuno pulled one of them up for being an arse.

Genuine question for you as i don't know you from Adam. Have you played team football?

And what do the Wolves players do when they all huddle around in a circle on the pitch? Maybe they have a pot on who is going to concede/score first?

Can you play individual football now?

Like many huddles it could be anything at all. A mantra or instruction repeated from Nuno.

This was explained when the thread was closed during the week, please rephrase your first sentence. It's completely unnecessary
He is 12 pints in. Probably doesn't care right now in fairness.

Like many huddles it could be anything at all. A mantra or instruction repeated from Nuno.
I dunno. I was asking you on the latter. Maybe it's a talk to get themselves up for the match, maybe telling each other to not lose focus, particularly in the first 15 mins. Or as i said a little pot on who scores first. Winner takes all.

Bad positioning and backtracking for me, sorry
Don't talk soft.

vqJPvMh.png

Where he is when Ajayi heads it. 0% chance he can come out and claim it if that's what you're trying to say. Nothing wrong with his positioning.

bCNzT8n.png

Where it goes in. No-one is getting across there.

We defended it terribly, nothing to do with the keeper.

And on the former you can. Kicking a ball against a wall. I used to do it when i was a kid. Helps you control the ball coming towards you. Team football = in a league.

And on the former you can. Kicking a ball against a wall. I used to do it when i was a kid. Helps you control the ball coming towards you. Team football = in a league.

You know the difference between training and playing no?

Anyway not derailing this thread any further, you crack on with being Dave Bassett.

Don't talk soft.

vqJPvMh.png

Where he is when Ajayi heads it. 0% chance he can come out and claim it if that's what you're trying to say. Nothing wrong with his positioning.

bCNzT8n.png

Where it goes in. No-one is getting across there.

We defended it terribly, nothing to do with the keeper.
He shouldnt be standing that close to the left post for me, maybe a meter or so towards the middle of the goal and he would have saved it

Back