• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-3 West Brom: Verdict Thread

And if Ajayi hammers a header into the near post (which is far easier than what he ended up doing), how clever does that strategy look then?

It’s more that we were previously streetwise, and now we’re a bit schoolboy, than players not caring.
Do you think we look like we have a squad of players who are up for the fight? Serious question. Because to me, those players have shown on a number of occasions already this season that when things aren't going well they capitulate pretty easily. I genuinely think that display today showed a real lack of character and that is deeply concerning.

Because if we are in a dogfight, and it seems to me if we're not already we will be soon, then a lot of those players aren't ready to give everything to turn things around. I said earlier the performance was spineless. It was. It was a gutless, "I don't want to be here" performance, and that is a poor reflection on the players involved, and dare I say it, on Nuno too.

I have pretty much worshipped Nuno for what he has done for our club, but at the moment he doesn't look like he has a clue on how to get us out of this situation. He strikes me as a manager who, when things are going well, basically gets everything right, but once things start to turn is incapable of correcting them. Which I'm sure is pretty much what the Porto fans said about him. It's worrying and it saddens me to think Nuno might not be the man for the job.

You know the difference between training and playing no?

Anyway not derailing this thread any further, you crack on with being Dave Bassett.
lol... Nice assuming there, even though you don't actually know me. I obviously don't know shit then for the record. (y)

I am frustrated with Nuno in regard to a number of things, but I absolutely agree with the comments that a lot of the blame has to lie with the players.

It’s unfortunate that some of our new signings, like Semedo and RAN, appear to have the heart of peas. Both talented players - but when you look to them for a bit of fight, responsibility or reliability they are sorely lacking. We’ve gone from a tight-knit group who would fight for each other at any cost - who would throw themselves in front of anything for the cause (but actually had quality & flair to back it up), to a group of players who duck out of tackles - who dive to the floor (hi Fabio) - and who don’t seem bothered when we lose. The amount of second balls we lost today was embarrassing - it’s genuinely stuff you’re taught in school.

What on earth was Boly doing walking off laughing, smiling and fist pumping BFS when you’ve just lost against your biggest rivals and have one win in nine. How does he think that comes across to the fans?

I can already see how this thread is going - with the standard excuses being dragged out. I don’t care that I grew up watching Wolves finish season, after season in the middle of the championship. It’s irrelevant now. We are a team packed with international footballers and what’s being served up right now is no where near good enough.

The senior players need to make a u-turn in form (players like Rui, Moutinho & Coady). And the new signings need to go for a walk around the museum and get an understanding of what it means to play for Wolverhampton Wanderers and for the shirt.

There is so much wrong with us right now it’s difficult to know where to start. Nuno can work his bollocks off all week drilling “solutions” in to the team, but if the players attitudes aren’t right there’s not much he can do.

I really hope Jeff & co are backtracking right now on the “no new signings this window” line because we need something - anything - to lift us out of this slump. Our form is dreadful and we look a million miles away from putting any sort of run together.

Apologies that this is quite a negative post. I hope it doesn’t mean I’m not a fan of the club anymore.
If Boly fist.pumped.anyone with a smile.then you can go and fuck off you complete cunt

And if Ajayi hammers a header into the near post (which is far easier than what he ended up doing), how clever does that strategy look then?
He cant hammer it in from a high throw in

If Boly fist.pumped.anyone with a smile.then you can go and fuck off you complete cunt
He walked off smiling and laughing & fist pumped BFS as he walked past. Idiotic thing to do. I hope Nuno had a word, but I doubt it.

Bit harsh calling him a “cunt” though 😂

He cant hammer it in from a high throw in
If you want to blame him despite actual photographic evidence then it doesn't really matter what I say, does it.

Doubt you'll find one other person who says that's the goalkeeper's fault.

Fred - not sure he’s been anything special this season, but no blame on Rui today.
Stop it Paddy, i think he has on that goal..at least thats my opinion and i stand by it

2nd goal should have been a foul from the straight arm into Neves neck from the first flick on - we didn't defend the next touch, but that should not have been able to be made if the earlier decision had happened.

Penalties - depends on whether you support support the team winning them or the team defending - giveable, but not a certainty in either case.

Either way we just need to get over the line & put this season to bed - hopefully get some rest over the summer & come back and regroup.

Am sure that Nuno will be questioning himself just now - hope that it's not enough to bale out of this project. We are 3 and a half yrs into a 10 yr project - we have the time if we can turn around and go again.

Nothing in life goes in a straight upward line.

If you want to blame him despite actual photographic evidence then it doesn't really matter what I say, does it.

Doubt you'll find one other person who says that's the goalkeeper's fault.
The photographic evidence proves my point

What point? He should stand in the middle of goal like a Subbuteo keeper?

I think we'd concede even more if he did that as it's a terrible idea.
Yes ge should have stood more towards the middle of the goal..on that balloon throw in

Back