• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 Barnsley 1 - Never Give Up, Never Surrender!

We got out of jail. Not the best day at the office, but if you can still win when you're not at your best, then you generally end up at the top of the league.

First half was pretty appalling passing was poor, Neves, Saiss & Jota in particular not at the races.

Second half was better but a draw would have been a fair result I think. Great subs though, N'Diaye instrumental in the first and a great finish by Bright. Then obviously N'Diaye popping up to get the winner after it looked like we'd throw it away.

Noticeable from the Sky highlights is the amount of time we had to get a big boot on the ball and clear it when they scored - do need to get a grip on that

Yeah it was very annoying, one of those you could see coming 'from a mile off'. No more than Barnsley deserved though to be fair, I'm pretty sure they ban more shots than us and they really did play us at our own game. The Sky highlights don't tell half the story (70 seconds won't I suppose) but as I said, theee points under those circumstances are very welcome.

Yeah it was very annoying, one of those you could see coming 'from a mile off'. No more than Barnsley deserved though to be fair, I'm pretty sure they ban more shots than us and they really did play us at our own game. The Sky highlights don't tell half the story (70 seconds won't I suppose) but as I said, theee points under those circumstances are very welcome.

Yeah - can't tell that much from what you get on there, but as said at the end of the season will merely show us as having taken 3 points

Will take that

Think some of you lot that go regularly have been spoilt this season, it was far from a perfect performance but not that bad, on the quality of chances created, ours were far superior and so a deserved victory......just about. To put it into context, our last visit to Molineux was last season against Blackburn..........say no more

Think some of you lot that go regularly have been spoilt this season, it was far from a perfect performance but not that bad, on the quality of chances created, ours were far superior and so a deserved victory......just about. To put it into context, our last visit to Molineux was last season against Blackburn..........say no more

Expectations certainly have been raised admittedly after early performances.

We created the best chances, were relatively untroubled by Barnsley and won. Seems like a fair outcome to me. At times we can be a bit "pass for pass sake" and need someone to come up with something a little different and we have a few in the team who can do just that.

A word for Bonatini, regardless of how well we are playing he is absolutely pivotal. He might have done better with his chances but he is really consistent, technically very good and the others play off him very intelligently. His cut back for the winning go was sublime.

We are going to find it harder at home when teams basically set up to negate us but more often than not we will have too much.

Despite the win, it is clear we still have problems when playing at Molineux. We rescued a point against Bristol City, were very fortunate against Bristol Rovers and were even more fortunate today. Why do we find it so difficult at Molineux?

Hey?

What if Millwall had got a late equaliser? Question answered today.

We were easily the better side and we won. It wasn't difficult. And we weren't close to our best.

It's nearly October and we're joint top. If the wheels were going to fall of a la Solbakken or Zenga, I think the warning signs would be much clearer now.

We're the real deal and it's nice to hear my phone buzz for an update and expect it to be us scoring, not conceding.

Despite the win, it is clear we still have problems when playing at Molineux. We rescued a point against Bristol City, were very fortunate against Bristol Rovers and were even more fortunate today. Why do we find it so difficult at Molineux?

Completely disagree with this, we were certainly not fortunate, Barnsly barely had a decent strike on goal, their goal came from a mix up at a set piece, we really need to get a grip on that. I'll give you we were a bit lucky against Bristol Rovers but not against City, a draw was minimum we deserved and probably should have taken all 3. Don't get me wrong, I was hoping for a more fluent performance especially first half and Jota running rings round their defence, but football is never that easy.

Dear Wolves fans. Siass was taken off because he was on a booking and looked pissed off and ready to explode..

Many Thanks.

Quirk

Because we are better on the counter would be the most simple answer. However I take heart that we win games when not at our best. That's a step forward. In previous years we would have dropped points in situations like today.

Yeah, how dare teams come to our stadium and compete!? The nerve of these clubs, not allowing us to score at will.

Yeah, how dare teams come to our stadium and compete!? The nerve of these clubs, not allowing us to score at will.

I did not say that teams should roll over. My simple point was that we struggle to win at Molineux. And I was just asking why.

Can't speak about today's performance, but against Bristol City we dominated about 80% of the game, conceded some sloppy goals and on another day we could of had 5 or 6. Against Rovers they had a few chances but on the whole we had control of the game without a cutting edge to create chances. We dont have a problem playing at Molineux, but games will be tough as teams will put everyone behind the ball when they come here

We've won 5 out 7 I think at Molineux including cup games this season Frank with 1 defeat. We aren't struggling to win at home

Back