• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Blues 0 the second gear verdict thread

Come on, that's really short. What were Newcastle and Brighton last year?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, it is really short - Hills have us at 66/1 to win the Premier League. I think Sky might have us at 250/1. Clearly they are being over cautious - but I have looked at several sites and the consensus on all of them is that Wolves will be favourites in the 'best of the rest' market (the one where you take out the "big six.")

My only gripe from Sunday was as a club we seem have a fantastic media team yet our after match celebrations featured a couple of songs on loop, one being bloody Status Quo and shouty man continuously telling us it was “our team Wolverhampton Wanderers”

They’d have been better sticking that YouTube season compilation up on the big screens as they players paraded around the pitch.

Blues are appealing the red card surely they haven't got a hope in hell of getting that rescinded? Monk is claiming that the rule is that if a player tries to play the ball its a yellow but surely that doesn't apply if he is the last man and the guy he brings down is clean through on goal??

I thought the ruling on giving a yellow card only counted if it was in the area. Done to prevent being punished more than once if you have fouled making a genuine attempt to win the ball

Did anyone see Craig Gardner going nuts at full time? When 1 of the 3 invaders decided to give some stick to the Blues fans (from 40 yards away and safely behind 2 rows of riot police) he went nuts at the 3 Stooges, sorry Security guys, on the pitch and even got in a full on pushing argument with one

tbf they were the most inept security guards i've seen for a long time.

tbf they were the most inept security guards i've seen for a long time.

Comedy Gold though...attempted slide challenges, fall over, running into each other. A lot better than the half time entertainmaint we get

Comedy Gold though...attempted slide challenges, fall over, running into each other. A lot better than the half time entertainmaint we get

Yes, but low bars and that - the aborted 'golf' was a really low point yesterday.

Couldn't see much from my vantage point in the BQ lower, but it did look as though they crashed into each other while trying to grab the guy in all grey tracksuit (seriously, who would wear that sort of thing outside of the house!)

Yes, but low bars and that - the aborted 'golf' was a really low point yesterday.

George was to blame for that not being finished. He milked his interview for about 5 minutes longer than was scheduled

George was to blame for that not being finished. He milked his interview for about 5 minutes longer than was scheduled

Yeah, but it was great to see him.

Monk is demonstrating that so many of those in the game don't know the laws. The law was changed to prevent the 'treble jeopardy' of penalty, red card and suspension where the player is believed to be making a sincere challenge for the ball. As it was outside the box and debatable at best whether he was trying to win the ball it doesn't apply. Basically he's talking shit and they won't appeal once their Club Secretary politely tells him that.

If you are going to invade the pitch like a dick, don't compound the situation by being overweight wearing a grey velour 2 piece... I hope all 3 of them are banned for life, they had enough warnings.

Saw a photo of the grey chap handcuffed and arrested. He's fucked I would think.

I thought the ruling on giving a yellow card only counted if it was in the area. Done to prevent being punished more than once if you have fouled making a genuine attempt to win the ball

Did anyone see Craig Gardner going nuts at full time? When 1 of the 3 invaders decided to give some stick to the Blues fans (from 40 yards away and safely behind 2 rows of riot police) he went nuts at the 3 Stooges, sorry Security guys, on the pitch and even got in a full on pushing argument with one
And rightly so regarding Gardner.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I don’t know what goes through these peoples heads. I question whether they must even be the same species as me as it literally makes no sense.

Pros and cons of a pitch invasion, whatever, not for me but whatever. But once you realise no one else is going on, don’t you just give Afobe a hug and then make your way back to the stand. They’ll probably let you off then.

Instead, sprint around like an idiot (and the security literally making no effort to catch you), give it the big man to the the blues fans, continue to evade security who have made a slight effort to stop you now, then make your way back to the stands where you just get nabbed by the police. At which point in his mind did he think I’ve fucked up here? Or is he so moronic that it never occurred to him?

Well the idiot cannot say he wasn't warned. Once he has paid his fine I hope he enjoys next season watching via Facebook or other streams rather than the stadium . Muppet. You can't educate pork as my grandad used to say

I wanted him to get knocked the fuck out. I'm getting old

Did the first two lads just meander back into the stand unapproached?

on the plus side - 3 extra Season tickets have become available for next Season.

Back