• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 - Blues 0 the second gear verdict thread

William Hill have us at 8/1 to finish in the top 4 next year. Have they seen Jorge's shopping list??

I tried to get odds from Sky Bet.
Coady to play for England and Wolves to get in to Europe next season, they would not take the bet

I tried to get odds from Sky Bet.
Coady to play for England and Wolves to get in to Europe next season, they would not take the bet

I'm not sure I would if I were a bookie, Glasgow. For all they know you might be Laurie's best mate and have seen the shopping list. Sadly the days of fancy prices about Wolves are gone for good. I'd be fairly sure Coady will play for England at some point - injuries, friendlies etc. We'll be fairly high profile next year - although obviously not on TV as much as a top footballing side like Villa...

I'm not sure I would if I were a bookie, Glasgow. For all they know you might be Laurie's best mate and have seen the shopping list. Sadly the days of fancy prices about Wolves are gone for good. I'd be fairly sure Coady will play for England at some point - injuries, friendlies etc. We'll be fairly high profile next year - although obviously not on TV as much as a top footballing side like Villa...

I've asked paddy Power...
I'll let you know, When you see Coady play you have no doubt he will play for England.
I really fancy us to hit 7th next season, depending on Shopping I could see us putting real pressure on Arsenal

Coady won't play for England due to the London bias...

... Sadly the days of fancy prices about Wolves are gone for good...

That said: Top Half Finish: 7/4; Bottom Half Finish: 2/5 (Bet365). At worst that should be 10/11 the pair. 7/4 looks a good price to me.

who was the guy sitting with Jorge at the match ? looked familiar.

I've had a fiver on us to win it. 400/1 is a bit stingy though.

That said: Top Half Finish: 7/4; Bottom Half Finish: 2/5 (Bet365). At worst that should be 10/11 the pair. 7/4 looks a good price to me.

Thanks for posting that, Tom. I've had a good bet on that: I think we would finish 14/15/16 now, but with summer recruitment I think top half is very doable. I've also taken the 66/1 for a top 4 finish. I don't think we will, but neither are we a 66/1 shot.

Monk is demonstrating that so many of those in the game don't know the laws. The law was changed to prevent the 'treble jeopardy' of penalty, red card and suspension where the player is believed to be making a sincere challenge for the ball. As it was outside the box and debatable at best whether he was trying to win the ball it doesn't apply. Basically he's talking $#@! and they won't appeal once their Club Secretary politely tells him that.
And there you go...
https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ews/birmingham-city-harlee-dean-monk-14537184

Thanks for posting that, Tom. I've had a good bet on that: I think we would finish 14/15/16 now, but with summer recruitment I think top half is very doable.

Me too. I'm not actually a gambler, but I've opened an account for the purpose. Cash in the bank (I hope!). And if I've done my money, at least by this time next year I won't be missing it.

Lycan, Aiki and Sam. We made Dave Azzopardi's VLOG

What a great day yesterday was! Comfortable performance, easy 3 points, pretty much sealed the title.

Great afternoon in the pub afterwards also with a few folks from here, although Mrs Trips didn't seem overly impressed when I stumbled in last night.

What a great day yesterday was! Comfortable performance, easy 3 points, pretty much sealed the title.

Great afternoon in the pub afterwards also with a few folks from here, although Mrs Trips didn't seem overly impressed when I stumbled in last night.

Well you only tripped on the front step didn't you? :icon_biggrin:

Shame we didn't go in the London. A load of the players went in there about 6 o clock.

Alternative highlights are up

Me too. I'm not actually a gambler, but I've opened an account for the purpose. Cash in the bank (I hope!). And if I've done my money, at least by this time next year I won't be missing it.

Also 20/1 top 6 finish. Again, I think that is a stretch in our first season, but 20/1? Should be about 10/1 in my view. When Reading won with 106pts I think they finished 8th the following season, without significant strengthening.

Yeah, I can't find it now, but I saw something earlier this season looking at where the teams that finished first in the Championship finished in the Premier League the following season, and 10th and higher was not unusual. (The problems seem to kick in the season after, when there isn't the same momentum any more and managers struggle to upgrade on the existing squad...)

I dont think we will finish top 6 even if we bring in 2-3 top players..gonna take more time

Back