• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 Man Utd 1 - verdict thread (League game)

Biggest fault on the goal is Moutinho, he gets sucked into the ball when it's Neves' job and that leaves McTominay in far too much space for the square pass and to get his shot away with ease.

Tremendous evening. They couldn't handle Jota at any point, but for me Moutinho was motm - he controlled that match.

Talking to MU fans back at Redwings I even they have had to admit that are really quite good. With the last two it was through gritted teeth though.

Pogba + Fred = £140m
Moutinho + Neves + Donk = £32.8m
And just bloody love Jota. Four cards for Man Utd, 3 of them for fouls on Jota

Dave Fredwards is truly truly an awful player. Should not be anywhere near a Top 6 Prem team.

The only moan I've got is with the commentry on Sky, the were virtually willing Man U on, after the Jota goal they strung three passes together and they were "back to bossing the game"
I don't think we were given nearly enough credit until the outcome was inevitable then they could send a compliment our way !

Just catching up on the Sky comments, mainly Fletcher. What a fucking tit he is. Young unlucky to get sent off....really? He should have been off earlier as he escaped a clear yellow for a foul on Jota in the 1st half.

The only moan I've got is with the commentry on Sky, the were virtually willing Man U on, after the Jota goal they strung three passes together and they were "back to bossing the game"
I don't think we were given nearly enough credit until the outcome was inevitable then they could send a compliment our way !
Alan Parry is the worst commentator on Sky. Hated it when he covered football on ITV back when they used to show Midlands games on a Sunday.

Fred was diabolical, couldn’t believe our luck when he came back out after HT. And I’m glad I don’t have to listen to that god awful commentary and I swerve any comments like Fletcher’s for the most part, utter horse shit that it is.

Well thats a nice start to a wednesday morning! No Man U supporters messages at all on my phone. None, zilch nada!

Excellent result. Rui made three excellent saves but what impressed me about two of them was the soft hands control. He stops the ball almost dead making it easier for the close defender to clear. They could easily have hust been pushed back into the mele ( see Lloris Hugo).

Boly was a bit dozy early on and Doc was not quite on it but both improved, neither were bad games they were just less good than the rest. Rui with three saves has the goal in the bank. It was a good strike and it did zip. Close replays show he gets a hand to it but its passed him too quick. Coady gives Boly an absolute rocket with the Lingard free header! Thats an amazing gif in the making! Moutinho is awesome. I highlighted on the match day thread the price difference between Fred and him. Its ludicrous. Jota is a really spiteful, irritating box of tricks with short person syndrome. I love him! He winds the opposition up by his mere prescence. Genius pairing with him and Raul.

I am going to concede I was wrong. 8 points from Man U and Chelsea does make up for Huddersfield.

Can we play these teams every other week? Ecstatic about these wins but then we end up losing with Burnley or huddersfield ahah

Amazing job last night. Watched the last minutes, first thing I watch is Cav shooting against the bar. Bloody hell

Funny how when De Gea makes great saves “it’s his job” but when the opponent’s goalkeeper makes those saves it’s just United’s bad luck. Ole’s honeymoon is over and they will need to spend a lot of money to get close to competing for the title. Looking forward to watching Barca tear them apart.

Just catching up on the Sky comments, mainly Fletcher. What a fucking tit he is. Young unlucky to get sent off....really? He should have been off earlier as he escaped a clear yellow for a foul on Jota in the 1st half.

Yeah both bookings he DID get were so blatantly obvious. McManaman levels of delusion from Fletcher.

Don't mind Parry though, TBH.

Looking back at Rui's saves, some of them were so instinctive. Thought he was excellent, no chance with the goal.

Walking round work with a stupid grin on my face. It’s ace when Wolves make you feel like this.

How many United players would folks welcome to Wolves? Given they’re in CL Quarter finals and last year we were in the Championship it ought to be most but I genuinely wouldn’t want many of them. Incredible times.

I think that's a bit daft. De Gea is probably the best keeper on the planet. Pogba would relish playing in our midfield and Rashford would be great warming the bench (just for Tredman).

I think Dalot is going to be a very good player too.

Solskjaer's tactics were undone by his powderpuff midfield of Fred and McTominay. Lukaku hates a fight but went and stood on our biggest, baddest defender and Lingard's favourite band must be Queen as he was the Invisible Man.

How many United players would folks welcome to Wolves? Given they’re in CL Quarter finals and last year we were in the Championship it ought to be most but I genuinely wouldn’t want many of them. Incredible times.

What I definitely would not want anywhere near our team is Pogba's attitude. He was warming up for the game still wearing earrings FFS

What I definitely would not want anywhere near our team is Pogba's attitude. He was warming up for the game still wearing earrings FFS

Man u need to bin him off to Madrid. Take the 100m or even get Bale in part ex.Bale Rashford Lukaku would all be decent for them.

De Gea has not impressed me against us this season. I thought he was weak for the winning goal, weak for the chance where he spilt the ball under challenge from Jiminez and generally looked bang average in all games. Alisson looks better.

Smalling for Bennett? An upgrade but not a giant leap. No to Young or Shaw. Dalot looks a gem so I would have him. Mctominay would be decent but Donk is better. Young is a big no thanks.

So really its Dalot and Rashford only! Thats nuts.

Alan Parry is the worst commentator on Sky. Hated it when he covered football on ITV back when they used to show Midlands games on a Sunday.

He is absolute shite, was actually gonna make that comment during the game.

Such a dull voice, no colour comms, just a basic stating of the bleeding obvious as to whats happening on the pitch. And I think it was Danny Higginbotham on co-comms, he was no better. Loooooooooong periods of silence.

Back