• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2 Man Utd 1 - verdict thread (League game)

Langers

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go for it, guys. Lots to smile about. Another famous, proud night.

Struggled at first but our goal totally changed the momentum in our favour and we never looked back.

Fantastic result.

Tremendous!

Love the fact that Wolves played the exact same playlist at FT. Two great nights of memories in two weeks.

Darren fletcher “Utd were the better team, the wolves goals were Utd mistakes and wolves didn’t do anything else in the game”

What a sore losing prick...

I thought we were excellent, Raul was great and Diogo was absolutely fantastic, deserved his man of the match

Once we adapted to their set up we were really good I thought. Struggled somewhat when they got the red card but managed the game exceptionally when we went ahead.

Is that Raul’s goal? If so that’s 16 goals and 9 assists I think. Amazing.

Some very good performances all round. Bennett did well having been out of the team recently. Patricio made some very important saves. Midfield was back on form overall. Good stuff.

Moutinho MOTM. Absolute Rolls Royce tonight.

Oh and I want that winner given to Jimenez! It hit his leg to put it on the way to the goal. Smalling just punched it in after it was on target.

Given as a Smalling OG but Bear is right - Smalling just helps it on.

Darren fletcher “Utd were the better team, the wolves goals were Utd mistakes and wolves didn’t do anything else in the game”

What a sore losing prick...

I thought we were excellent, Raul was great and Diogo was absolutely fantastic, deserved his man of the match
Embarrassingly biased all evening.

Solskjær saying they've deserved to win.

Maybe finish chances better then, ay?

Moutinho MOTM. Absolute Rolls Royce tonight.

Oh and I want that winner given to Jimenez! It hit his leg to put it on the way to the goal. Smalling just punched it in after it was on target.

Agree with all of this!

Solskjær saying they've deserved to win.

Maybe finish chances better then, ay?

He could be a bit more gracious in defeat TBQH. They definitely didn't deserve to win, he's talking shite there.

Really enjoyed that. Professional response to Saturdays disappointment even though it looked unlikely for the first 15 minutes

Think they had a decent spell after the sending off and then we wrestled it back. A pity Cav didn't finish it.

Moutinho was outstanding. That tackle in the second half which took it off the I think Material's boot was superb.

Amazing result, perfect response to Saturday and a warm up for the semi!

We are rolling into Wembley with perfect momentum - back to back defeats wouldve been tough to pick ourselves up from.

This is class. Lets keep going and enjoy it

Embarrassingly biased all evening.

Darren what did you think of Ashley Youngs sending off ?

Shouldn't have been sent off for those tackles but I'm old school !

What are you, late 30's? you prick, unless you've got DVDs of football in the 70's then your argument is about as shite as your opinion of the game .

He could be a bit more gracious in defeat TBQH. They definitely didn't deserve to win, he's talking shite there.
They should have been three up at HT, but thems the breaks. We should have won 4-1 in the end but we didn't.

Fortunately Andy Townsend was my pundit. Much much better.

He was the pundit on the program I was watching too. Andy is fair minded and impressed with how Wolves are playing. But Man U could have been three goals up in the first 20minutes. Once Jota scored, however, Wolves outplayed them and deserved the victory. Cav should have made it complete but he chose to blast it and hit the bar when he could have placed it either side of De Gea. That would have made the win a comprehensive one. Jiminez and Jota really do combine well and Moutinho controlled the midfield with Neves being reliable and steady and Dendoncker adding his box-to-box running and interceptions. And Rui pulled off three great saves. A great team effort and let's hope we show up at Wembley v Watford like the way we did tonight. Can't wait for the semi-final now.

Back