• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 4-2 Millwall: The Sako Send-off Verdict Thread

Really enjoyed the game and an emotional send off for Sako... Thank you for your contribution and commitment, enjoy the Premier League and we'll see you again soon.
Feel a little flat travelling home with lots of if onlys to consider but this team will be all the stronger for the experience and more able to cope with things next season (I hope)

The journey would be less flat if you weren't spilling a chicken sandwich all over yourself!

The journey would be less flat if you weren't spilling a chicken sandwich all over yourself!

Be more grateful, he got you there for free. #darlobingo #firstclasswanker

Well. What to say. Firstly, a thoroughly enjoyable game. We played pretty well, bar Kusczak with the second Millwall goal, which was a nightmare of epic proportions.

However, as soon as Brentford scored we pretty much knew we were done. Everyone kept trying but the task was beyond us.

Sako having the lap on his own was emotional for us and also for him. Nouha running over to console him was quite sad really.

I am going to miss you in a Wolves shirt Bakary. Wherever you go, I hope you are fucking brilliant and loved as much as you were at Molineux.

Almost , but not quite there at the end. But for that bad run around November we would have been there or thereabouts.

We have had a good season, and we will be all the better for next years challenge.

CEA1mygWEAAX-RY.jpg

Damn.

Maaaaaybe he was just seriously emotional about missing out on the playoffs.

If Sako likes it that much at Wolves, then why doesn't he stay? I understand his desire to play in the premier league, but he might end up somewhere as a squad player.

If Sako likes it that much at Wolves, then why doesn't he stay? I understand his desire to play in the premier league, but he might end up somewhere as a squad player.

I think you need a whole double dose of realism pie, Frank

Premier league, that's where he wants to test himself regardless which club it's with.

I think he will consider it but I'm assuming the figures being talked about for wages are no-where near his current wage level. Also he has always said he wants to play in the prem and this is his 1 guaranteed opportunity to test himself against top flight players.

My thoughts, exactly. In this league, he's one of the better players, but he IS inconsistent. I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but I think he'll struggle to keep a first-team place in the top-flight. He's been a good player for us, when all is said and done, but he could stay (and guarantee a high-profile for himself) or we should get a few bob for him to spend on an upgrade. Whatever happens, thanks Bakary and good luck!

I really don't want to see him playing for the opposition at Molineux. Negotiate a release clause of £0 in a new contract which allows us to buy him back on promotion!

Heard pre-match from a pretty 'reliable source' that he's off to Turkey.

My thoughts, exactly. In this league, he's one of the better players, but he IS inconsistent. I don't want to piss on anyone's chips, but I think he'll struggle to keep a first-team place in the top-flight. He's been a good player for us, when all is said and done, but he could stay (and guarantee a high-profile for himself) or we should get a few bob for him to spend on an upgrade. Whatever happens, thanks Bakary and good luck!

He played average today (for him) and set up two and scored 1. Please stop talking shit.

Obviously he is not fantastic every single second of every game or he would be the best player in the world! There are tons of players worse than him in the PL, look at the Midlands alone, Brunt and N'Zogbia. He'd also walk into Leicester's team.

Nice for Sako to get a goal in probably his final game..for us

Heard pre-match from a pretty 'reliable source' that he's off to Turkey.

I can't lie, if he fucks off to Turkey it will change my perspective of him quite a bit.

Nice bloke, fond memories and certainly not one of the toxic clique but let's not kid ourselves, he's gonna turn £25,000 a week into upwards of £50,000 a week, good luck to him, Bully type players don't exist anymore.

I can't lie, if he fucks off to Turkey it will change my perspective of him quite a bit.

Seems like a no brainer for me tbh. Muslim country, big contract, huge football clubs, European football (assuming it's Gala, Fener, Besiktas etc). Fenerbahçe or Leicester, Fenerbahçe or Leicester... Hmmmmm...

Back