• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 4-2 Millwall: The Sako Send-off Verdict Thread

Yeah but if the whole story about wanting to test himself at the highest level is true then Turkey ain't it.

I will wish him good luck whatever he chooses..massive fan of him and seems like a really nice bloke..he has paid back a lot to the club and really wanted to get us back in the prem..good luck Bakary if you dont stay here!!

Premier league, that's where he wants to test himself regardless which club it's with.

and ( cynically) thats where the money is and he needs to look after that too. Its the nature of the modern game. He will get a great deal in the premier league. I can see him doing well at Villa with Sherwood and Benteke.

Yeah but if the whole story about wanting to test himself at the highest level is true then Turkey ain't it.

He will be playing champions league football? Galatasaray etc. are massive clubs.

He will be playing champions league football? Galatasaray etc. are massive clubs.

IMHO playing in the UCL for a Turkish, Portuguese, etc club is not the same as playing in it for an English, Spanish, etc club.

IMHO playing in the UCL for a Turkish, Portuguese, etc club is not the same as playing in it for an English, Spanish, etc club.

but playing in the champions league is better than playing against Rotherham right?

That's not the other option though, is it?

True, Villa vs Bournemouth is as exciting as Galatassary vs Barcelona.

Anyway it's kind of irrelevant, he is leaving to try his hand against tougher opposition (and earn thousands more than he ever will at Wolves).

Thanks Bakary, especially for league 1, you did your best but we couldn't quite make a fairy tale ending.

Nice to win our last game of the season and good send of for Sako, shame we didn't quite make it but to keep on harping about lost points at lesser teams or goal difference is pointless, this league is far and away the most competetive and its not just us thats dropped points to "lesser" teams, we just came up a bit short in the end. I'd like to think Sako will go to somewhere like Swansea or Southampton but wouldn't really castigate the guy for going somewhere like Galatasary or similar, big bucks and Champions league would be better for him than Premiership survival mediocrity.
Already looking forward to next season, gunna be a tough one for KJ I think, after 2 fantastic seasons the pressure will be on to go up a step. If he can make 2-3 quality signings, preferably in midfield areas and replace Sako, then it could be a lot of fun.

If he goes so be it - I would rather be didn't but if he decides to so be it. Really don't care who he goes to or how he does

Will be sad to have to retire Dicko, Afobe, Sako...it's magic you know.

agreed, they would be deadly next year

I have defended him on here, but RVLP was really frustrating today, he is so one footed that he attempted a rabona with his right foot rather than cross with his left.

I have defended him on here, but RVLP was really frustrating today, he is so one footed that he attempted a rabona with his right foot rather than cross with his left.

I thought the ball was running out at that point and thats why he tried it...but then again i was at the other end of the field.
To be honest i thought first half, RVLP played quite well ...he tore the left back to bits at times.
Millwall were fucking awful in the first half and we could have been out of sight by half time..but the team looked lethargic, i wouldnt say nervous but just liked theyd already
accepted that it wasnt going to happen..

Referee was like last seasons league 1, looked unfit,was behind play and guess worked for some decisions.
The linesmen down the Billy Wright side was hesitant to give anything the first half and then flagged for fucking everything the 2nd half..offside offside offside.

The club.....what the fuck was with playing loud music during the lap at the end?....just let the fans sing songs to the players...stop trying to coerce an atmosphere....
quite a few people round me were really annoyed by the music.

If we keep all three of them next year, adding a few decent signings, we'd traumatise this division.

Sadly, Sako won't stay, regardless.

But he's not going to be signed by Arsenal or Madrid?

I have no inside information, but I hope he goes to a middling Premier League team and does well....as long as it's not West Brom

Back