• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Shebani looks a decent player,takes up some great positions and looks a level above the other players.

2 goals to Brighton in a couple of minutes after looking the better side in the 2nd half

Francis spanked a beauty off the post before that double whammy. Frustrating.

0-0 draw for U23s against Everton. But another game that they largely dominated and should have won

I liked all of our back three (Sanderson-Francis-Nya) and all could do a job if they were played in a league cup tie or Europa game like the one on Thursday. Francis I’m particularly a fan of, reads the game very well and his passing is excellent.

Buur was pretty poor I thought, not really a threat for us down the right whereas Kitolano looked really good down the left. Very athletic and fizzed the ball in from wide a few times with decent quality. Pretty composed in possession.

Centre midfield was a mixed bag I thought. Jordao took a while to get going but second half was our biggest threat on goal. Got in some good positions and clearly more to come. Both Watt and Perry finished the game strongly, having looked rusty (Watt) or ineffectual (Perry). Both had good efforts saved by the keeper in the latter stages.

Up top, wasn’t very impressed by Ashley-Seal. Forgot he was playing at one point in fact and didn’t really join in some of the nice combination work we did at times, mainly through Shabani. He is very silky, quite a languid style but able run with the ball at the defence well. More to come from him as he gets fitter I think.

Think the overall team is quite strong for the level, we signed quite a few players with the step up in mind having got promoted last season. And imagine they will want to do well in the checkatrade

Go up against Blackburn tonight at 7. Reminder that it’s free to watch on WolvesTV.

Yeah nice one. Had forgot again.

Oo - I shall have a bit of that on the PC while giggling at villa getting shat on

Nah,you want villa to lose,so their wonder "kid" grealish can add another loss to his premier record 23 consecutive

Conflicted a little but still want Everton to win.

Watching this now. Paul Butler is proper dour like. Sounds like he should be propping up the bar in Shameless

I’m not that fussed about villa (don’t want them to win though), more important that Everton drop points so we can finish higher. Villa will be bottom six anyway.

Back