• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

5-0 in the end.

Tough to watch. Norwich looked really good, we didn't. We've got a young / inexperienced group and it showed.

Jordao came off the bench and steadied the ship a little.

There's a lad called Harkin playing for the u23s tonight who looks shorter than Podence

He’s northern Irish I think? But yeah he’s tiny!

the 23s seem to be struggling at moment, it’s a pretty young side missing some key players from last seasons team

Plus the three of the better u23 players not out on loan are now in the first team squad

He’s northern Irish I think? But yeah he’s tiny!

the 23s seem to be struggling at moment, it’s a pretty young side missing some key players from last seasons team
It's not fair on the young lads, they're not ready as most are still physically immature 17/ 18 yr olds.

I'm not sure the point of U23 football anymore, it doesn't seem worth it.

Just go back to reserve leagues, send lads out on loan as we have and have a relationship with a lower league team like they do in American baseball (sort of).

I think it’s actually better that they are getting this physical mismatch. You don’t want it consistently but better than stale games. Might take a few beatings but be better in long term

U23s football is in a weird place. On one hand, EPPP has seen incredible developments in the level of talent coming through (and doesn’t seem like slowing down). But the 23s football isn’t a direct/strong enough preparation for senior football. Then again, what it has done is give the late developers more time!

I think we treat our u23s as (obviously!) the next step after u18s to grow and mature, and also to be put in the shop window to go out on loan to continue developing.

I think the step up from u23 to PL is far too big for most players to handle.

1-0 up and missed a pen too

It absolutely does not.
It’s okay. I like Birtwistle. Griffiths will only play for this group in the youth cup and Tipton, Farmer and Hubner are meant to be decent

prettt sure Mason Rees is an U16

2-0, Farmer

doesn’t mean a great deal as Salford are probably one of the worst sides left in the comp. That said, think the 18s have performed fairly well this season in general

I like it, but their badge seems like it was a desperate attempt to crib our own.

Esen seems to do well for the u18s, hope he gets a chance tonight

Back