• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Played some lovely football. I think the key difference that allows them to play that way is the amount of players who pass and rub forwards, which sounds simple but really doesn’t happen enough in our first team.

Could have and probably should have been more. If we finish 2nd I think we get home advantage in the play offs and should we get there, home advantage in the final too

Results elsewhere tonight mean wolves u23 qualify for the play-offs.

I've also read that we've got Middlesbrough in the premier league cup semi-final, unconfirmed as yet though.

Last edited:
Yeah we got relegated quite comfortably the next season Ithink. The squad we have now would compete OK I think but I’d be expecting Marques, Chiquinho, Cundle, Perry to be playing a lot less than they are currently for the 23s

Yeah we got relegated quite comfortably the next season Ithink. The squad we have now would compete OK I think but I’d be expecting Marques, Chiquinho, Cundle, Perry to be playing a lot less than they are currently for the 23s
Mosquera too.

Arinbjornsson, O'Shaughnessy, Richards, Estrada, Pardington, Smith, Hesketh, Agboola, Hubner, Young, Carty and Nya are out of contract (some possibly with options) as it stands, I can't make a case for keeping many of them. Richards, Hesketh and Hubner maybe.

2-2 draw with stoke tonight means we finish 2nd in the league. This means we play the play off semi at home, and should we get that far the play off final at home too

The premier league cup semi final is home Vs Middlesbrough on 4th may. The other semi is wba Vs Fulham

Wolves won 2-0. Harkin & Bueno with the goals.

Shabani got 20 minutes and looked decent

They also scored after about 34 seconds. I only got to watch two minutes due to being on bed time duty in our house last night, so it was good to see a goal! Decently worked team move too.

They get more players into the box than the 1st team! Harkuns goal sees a switch of play the early cross with 3 in the box to take advantage.

West brom won their semi final against Fulham tonight in the premier League Cup.

If we beat Middlesbrough tomorrow night then we'll face the baggies in the final

Mosquera playing for U23s in play off semi.

Sondergaard
Mosquera Marques Hubner
Lembikisa Hodge Cundle Perry Bueno
Harkin Campbell

Subs: Tipton, Griffiths, Birtwistle, Hesketh, Shabani

Surprised Chiquinho isn't playing. Maybe he's in line to start at Chelsea.

I do wonder if Mosqeura is a lot rawer than they thought he was

I do wonder if Mosqeura is a lot rawer than they thought he was
Just had no time to acclimatise really. Didn't even make it all the way through pre-season.

I expect they had no expectations of picking him for the first team before Christmas, he would build up in League Cup and U23 games gradually. He's just doing that bit now.

Point stands from what I said earlier on another thread, if they genuinely think (as per Spiers and his Pravda crap) that the solutions are in that team then they're horribly deluded. Good lads no doubt but they aren't prospects right on the edge of being able to play in a top half Premier League team. Some of them are miles off that.

yeah the injury has just lost him a season. Still the same potential we thought in pre-season I reckon, just needs to get through that unscathed in July/August.

Middlesbrough playing a thirty year old ffs

Back