• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Don't underestimate Stourbridge Glassboys. They got further in the FA Cup than we did...

Stourbridge 1-0 up at the break. A really soft goal - a free kick floated in, head tennis then we gave their number 3 far too much time to turn it in from close range.

Since then, Stourbridge look more likely to score but Wolves showing a lot more class on the ball.

Forgive me with some players names as I don't know who they are!!

Eusebio has bags of talent but it's not happening for him tonight. His passing has been awful, but his quality on the ball excellent.

Tank + other centre half (Ikiehwe?) need to talk more. Not impressed.

Our number 8 looks strong, composed and confident.

Bradley Reid has a good footballing brain and has dropped deep - very deep! - to help out on occasions. But he looks tidy, intelligent passing and has a good engine.

Number 9 needs to learn the offside rule.

Stourbridge serve bottles of Golden Glow and PROPER pork scratchings.

a3azydej.jpg
7utuse4y.jpg

Full time: Stourbridge 2 Wolves 0.

Strange really because although Stour had the best of the first half, Wolves had the best of the second and had numerous chances to score. Wolves were quite wasteful, a 3-on-2 was wasted, as were a couple of one-on-ones with their keeper.

The second goal was awful from our point of view. A generous free kick floated harmlessly over was met by Stourbridge's number 8 who was one of the shortest players on the pitch and it somehow squirmed in under Flatt. Very poor.

Eusebio kept feigning injury which I don't like to see but I think I lot of that was down to frustration - just one of those nights.

I think the better side won, but we did deserve a goal so 2-0 is harsh.

no 9 was Bradley Reid. Other centre half was Iorfa. No 8 was Jakobssen.

The forward playing deep was either Kellerman (no.10) or Whittal (no.4) they appeared to swap roles in the second half.

I was impressed with Jakobssen, had a good range of passing. Parry on the left wing was criminally underused, really quick feet and had one chance in the second half which he created with a really neat trick but pushed his chance wide.

Disagree with Langers about Eusebio - spent the whole game running into their defenders

Stourbridge are a decent side but left quite a few of their first team it of the starting line up. Our problem was the final ball - it was just like watching the Wolves.

Cheers TSB - got pretty much all the numbers wrong then!!

Jakobssen is a big lad isn't he? I liked him.

Wolves U21s have been drawn at home to play Reading or Watford U21s in the quarter finals of the U21 Premier league cup.

We have a good chance of progressing to the semi finals.

Can Torras play yet? I thought I read he had got his international clearance but not heard anything since.

Can Torras play yet? I thought I read he had got his international clearance but not heard anything since.

No, still an issue. I believe that there is discussions/arguments going on regarding Barcelona wanting first refusal on him if he turns out to be the dogs.

Wow, I didn't think that could be the reason ha! . The first six or so months not playing competitively (ish) may have given him a chance to get used to the training, and settle in without too much pressure but he it will start to affect his development if this keeps him from playing

Wolves U21s have been drawn at home to play Reading or Watford U21s in the quarter finals of the U21 Premier league cup.

We have a good chance of progressing to the semi finals.
Quality. Wonder if they'll play at Molineux (in which case I'd go) or telford (in which case I'd struggle to make it).

Surely we should just give them first refusal then and get him playing. First refusal means that they get the right to match any bid we accept so we would still be massively in control. Should it ever come to the stage when Barca want him back then we would have done extremely well!!!

Team to face Citeh at Hyde tonight:

Flatt, Kostrna, Ihiekwe, Tank, Cranston, Forde, O’Hara, Whittall, Parry, Keita, Sigurdarson.

Subs: Dutton, Iorfa, Kellerman, Reid, Jakobsson.

Looks like Eusebio will be involved with the first team tomorrow in one way or another.

Looks like Eusebio has come up trumps in 'Kenny Jackett's Substitute Lottery!'

Ihiekwe to Cheltenham on a months loan, wonder how that affects the squad tonight?

Iorfa will play CB I'd imagine.

Torras was on the bench, so it looks like everything is sorted now.

I demand he is playing in the 1st team next week then.

KTEC will turn up and protest about floods of cheap European immigrants playing for us. It will be Tony Blairs' fault.

Torras in squad to play against Nike Academy at St.George's alng with Erdei and Bancessi amongst other senior players.

A host of senior players will make the most of some match experience today in a game against the Nike Academy at Burton’s St George’s Park.

Kevin Foley, Matt Doherty, David Davis, George Elokobi, Jamie O’Hara, Bjorn Sigurdarson are all included in the squad for today’s game. For Doherty the game marks his comeback from a hamstring injury which has previously hampered what was an excellent start to the season.

The Nike Academy is a squad made up of young players released from professional clubs who play fixtures to try and attract the attention of scouts to earn a fresh move.

SQUAD: Dutton, Foley, Doherty, Cranston, Elokobi, Iorfa, Davis, O’Hara, Torras, Jakobsson, Kellerman, Erdei, Bancessi, Sigurdarson, Reid.

Back