• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Academy Thread

Alan, the point at which you became heavily involved with TWF coincides directly with Stäle's appointment and summer signings. I'm starting to think your fascination with those 3 players has more to do with a misplacement of your feelings. You love the club, but not because of those 3. Please consider them as dead as I do and move on with the rest of us.

I, myself, have been guilty of an irrational love for Kevin Doyle. His arrival just also happened to coincide with my introduction to social media Wolves.

Sent from my Langers with Langertalk

Alan, the point at which you became heavily involved with TWF coincides directly with Stäle's appointment and summer signings. I'm starting to think your fascination with those 3 players has more to do with a misplacement of your feelings. You love the club, but not because of those 3. Please consider them as dead as I do and move on with the rest of us.

I, myself, have been guilty of an irrational love for Kevin Doyle. His arrival just also happened to coincide with my introduction to social media Wolves.

Come on, mate, they're still our players and therefore still relevant. You don't find it at all interesting that one of those three is still involved?

Transfer listed players involvement in U21 games usually coincides with them having scouts wishing to view them.

Or that the only way we are going to convince someone to take Boukari is if he can prove he is fit. O'Hara also played, so just because he got a game is not a reflection that he is back in Jackett's thoughts.

O'Hara played in the game too. It's either for fitness reasons or because a scout wanted to look at him I reckon.

Jackett has also repeatedly mentioned our attacking wide options and never once mentioned Boukari! It's a shame he's so broken because he had a pretty good reputation to be fair but he's certainly not in our plans.

I don't see why Boukari shouldn't have an opportunity to play his way back into contention. His only fault in his time here is that he's been unlucky with injuries. I know we're already well stocked in the wide department but if he has something different to offer it's worth considering.

I think there is something to the Boukari thing, no doubt. If I were Jackett, I wouldn't be mentioning him either. He could be an ace up his sleeve.
Doumbia has way too much work to do to dispel how lazy he was. And Marg is just shit.

I was just saying, Alan, you love those three in particular.

I hope that Boukari does get another go and it's got nothing to do with me winning £10 off Aikiwolf if he plays another competitive match for Wolves.....Honest :icon_wink:

I think there is something to the Boukari thing, no doubt. If I were Jackett, I wouldn't be mentioning him either. He could be an ace up his sleeve.
Doumbia has way too much work to do to dispel how lazy he was. And Marg is just $#@!.

I was just saying, Alan, you love those three in particular.

I was pretty psyched about Boukari when he first signed and I've always felt a certain kinship with Doumbia since the depression rumors surfaced. Georg is probably mostly feeding off "he has to be better than what we've got" (being RoJo and Gorkss) syndrome.

I was just surprised to see Boukari involved. O'Hara needs to play because he has no other shop window. Boukari and Doumbia are both still rated in France while Georg could probably move back to Austria or 2. Bundesliga if he wanted (i.e., they don't particularly need to play for us in order for us to get rid).

I take it Co(n)nor was a very popular name in the late 90's

Bt4OZoGIMAAP_v4.jpg

Here are the groupings for the forthcoming U21 season. Our first game is away at the Poorthorns on Monday August 18th.

Back