• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves / Covid-19

Yeah because we're DEADLY serious.

It's in pretty bloody poor taste. Not a finest hour moment, shall we say.

Jeez you lot over-react on here way too much.

Sorry Bear, but you piss your moderator pants when other people step out of line and now when you act the bellend it's okay?

Give your head a wobble.

Hoooooold on there. The meeting between Raul and I coincided with an upturn in form for the entire team. That was no coincidence.

And ever since that fateful meeting he's been unable to locate a bovine derriere with a small stringed instrument...

Don't ruin this for me. Maybe I should camp at the bottom of his drive for a couple of days?

Personally I think they should only have cancelled games where players are self isolating - we’re just adding games to the other end, and as has been mentioned, it could be about five months before the curve flattens out. Knee jerk to look like theyre doing something imo

EVERY other league in Europe has done the same.

So - we have players or managers isolating from

Arsenal, West Ham, Everton, Watford, Leicester.

That's half the programme gone already.

Still half a programme that could play, provide entertainment and reduce the remaining fixtures to be played.

I’d be surprised if we see a ball kicked in a competitive game until July or August. PL and EFL will have to make some horrible decisions to which will devastate some clubs.
Personally if we’d played less than 20 matches I’d say void the league, but 75% has been completed. Liverpool at least deserve their title and Norwich cannot look anyone straight in the eye and say they deserve another crack at the whip.

Norwich cannot look anyone straight in the eye and say they deserve another crack at the whip.

To be fair I think they deserve numerous more cracks than Villa, who endeavored to spend almost EIGHTEEN times more than Norwich on a team that is just a bit better at best, or just as bad at worst.

I’d be surprised if we see a ball kicked in a competitive game until July or August. PL and EFL will have to make some horrible decisions to which will devastate some clubs.
Personally if we’d played less than 20 matches I’d say void the league, but 75% has been completed. Liverpool at least deserve their title and Norwich cannot look anyone straight in the eye and say they deserve another crack at the whip.

We have nine games left. People saying "we cancelled the season for the war" are sort of missing the fact that 3 league games had been played at that point in the 1939-40 season. Totally different.

To be fair I think they deserve numerous more cracks than Villa, who endeavored to spend almost EIGHTEEN times more than Norwich on a team that is just a bit better at best, or just as bad at worst.

As said 75% of the season is done, so it seems more logical to call it as it is or give average points to sides as already accumulated. All legal ramifications don’t bare thinking about Leeds and Albion would have very viable arguments to suggest they deserve to be in the PL in place of Villa and Norwich.

As said 75% of the season is done, so it seems more logical to call it as it is or give average points to sides as already accumulated. All legal ramifications don’t bare thinking about Leeds and Albion would have very viable arguments to suggest they deserve to be in the PL in place of Villa and Norwich.

Oh no I totally agree there, was just making the point that Norwich clearly were in it for the money and fair play to them, they quietly went about their business and gave it a decent go with the squad they had but just weren't good enough. Villa on the other hand spunked embarrassing sums on utter shit and beat their chests harder than Richard Stearman while claiming a European place before a ball was kicked. They're the only club that can't look anybody in the eye while saying they deserve another crack. They're a laughing stock, Norwich are just shit.

I would LOVE IT if Villa were made to play Sheffield United in a one off needing a win to stay up. Nice draw. We are above Wilder and Co and Villa are consigned to financial oblivion. Marvellous scenes.

Play a 24 team premier league next season with the current top 4 in the championship promoted. Next season 4 going down two coming up. The same the following year.
Give Liverpool the title put Leicester and Chelsea in the champions league. Make the charity shield between the teams currently in fifth and sixth for the last champions league match.
Teams in 7th and 8th go in Europa. Fa cup cancelled til this time in 2021 when the current teams left resume. That removes the fixture congestion caused by the bigger league.

Its not ideal but it is pretty fair.

I would LOVE IT if Villa were made to play Sheffield United in a one off needing a win to stay up. Nice draw. We are above Wilder and Co and Villa are consigned to financial oblivion. Marvellous scenes.

Villa don’t deserve any chance like that. They’re shit and in the relegation zone. Give everyone one point for every game left and relegate the retro wankers.

Play a 24 team premier league next season with the current top 4 in the championship promoted. Next season 4 going down two coming up. The same the following year.
Give Liverpool the title put Leicester and Chelsea in the champions league. Make the charity shield between the teams currently in fifth and sixth for the last champions league match.
Teams in 7th and 8th go in Europa. Fa cup cancelled til this time in 2021 when the current teams left resume. That removes the fixture congestion caused by the bigger league.

Its not ideal but it is pretty fair.

No.

Fuck the Euros off.