• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves / Covid-19

Oh no I totally agree there, was just making the point that Norwich clearly were in it for the money and fair play to them, they quietly went about their business and gave it a decent go with the squad they had but just weren't good enough. Villa on the other hand spunked embarrassing sums on utter shit and beat their chests harder than Richard Stearman while claiming a European place before a ball was kicked. They're the only club that can't look anybody in the eye while saying they deserve another crack. They're a laughing stock, Norwich are just shit.

Plus it would allow Villa to correct their mistakes basically giving them a practice run, imagine if Villa go on to stay up and flourish in years to come they’ll forever be told they should never have been there plus imagine if Albion and Leeds go on to have prolonged periods out the top flight.

Villa don’t deserve any chance like that. They’re shit and in the relegation zone. Give everyone one point for every game left and relegate the retro wankers.

I'd take the average points per game and add them for each game left.

Or fuck the Euros off and finish the season instead.

Plus it would allow Villa to correct their mistakes basically giving them a practice run, imagine if Villa go on to stay up and flourish in years to come they’ll forever be told they should never have been there plus imagine if Albion and Leeds go on to have prolonged periods out the top flight.

Exactly, both deserve to go. As for the bold part I think Villa are a club who don't learn from their mistakes, the past three years have been nigh one disastrous. One huge gamble, a play off lottery that lead to a deluded spaff fest that will cripple them. Guess what they'd try and do next season to get back up at 'the first bite'.

Villa don’t deserve any chance like that. They’re shit and in the relegation zone. Give everyone one point for every game left and relegate the retro wankers.

Nah - let them lose horribly on national tv and we can watch their tears for a right laugh.

It’s only fair if parachute payments are evenly distributed to all EFL teams next season too, to help them with the reduced gate receipts.

Exactly, both deserve to go. As for the bold part I think Villa are a club who don't learn from their mistakes, the past three years have been nigh one disastrous. One huge gamble, a play off lottery that lead to a deluded spaff fest that will cripple them. Guess what they'd try and do next season to get back up at 'the first bite'.

As the losses to TV money are likely to be resulting in minimal parachute payments and FFP is going nowhere, they should be spending September checking their atlases for Swindon and the like. Glorious. Fuck off B6 massive.

It’s not just the crossover between the PL and Championship either. Look at the position Coventry are in.
Look at how shocking the likes of Luton, Barnsley have been in the championship and Southend and Tranmere in League 1.
Would you also re-issue the -15 points to Bolton as basically this season is being re-set?

I suspect one or two Baggies fans are feeling a tad worried. For every promotion there has to be a relegation and we all know the EPL will call the shots. Ideally void the season and make Liverpool Champions.

Saw a rumour that when things get back to some sort of normality UEFA are looking at playing the last 8 of the Champions League (presumably EL same) off in a week, all games in one neutral city Istanbul mentioned, one leg affairs.

How on earth is horse racing still going ahead? Cheltenham just finished and a full programme tomorrow

Because the BHA are still following the governments advice, wash hands regularly and stay at home if showing symptoms. There have been no confirmed cases in the horse racing world.

I can only see the season being voided and Liverpool given the league with no promotion or relegation. Question is what do they do with teams who have games in hand? A point each would see us finish 7th. So dependant on City's ban being upheld for us to play in the EL next season and in the July qualifiers again if such a thing exists.

Be interesting to see if Arsenal at home tickets go on sale as planned this morning. Can’t actually make the game myself if it’s on the original date but that’s surely unlikely, tempted to get tickets just in case it’s then rearranged to a date/time I can but that’s more £ tied up in tickets I don’t know if I’ll use or not

See Karen Brady is saying the season should just be null and void well of course she would guarantees their status some horrendous opportunism going on at the moment.
People are basically hoping that a virus gets worse that’s killing people pushing businesses to bankruptcy gets worse just so your football team can benefit.

See Karen Brady is saying the season should just be null and void well of course she would guarantees their status some horrendous opportunism going on at the moment.
People are basically hoping that a virus gets worse that’s killing people pushing businesses to bankruptcy gets worse just so your football team can benefit.

It's not surprising that people are trying to protect their own. Why wouldn't they?

Hopefully the authorities say it's just a curtailed season that ends at the end of June and if games can't be played then the season ends whatever and promotion/ relegation/ qualification rules apply as normal.

It's not surprising that people are trying to protect their own. Why wouldn't they?

Hopefully the authorities say it's just a curtailed season that ends at the end of June and if games can't be played then the season ends whatever and promotion/ relegation/ qualification rules apply as normal.

Protect their own would imply protecting life, rather than protecting the earning potential for your shitty owners.

All those songs we used to sing about her in the 90s.....we were right!

Be interesting to see if Arsenal at home tickets go on sale as planned this morning. Can’t actually make the game myself if it’s on the original date but that’s surely unlikely, tempted to get tickets just in case it’s then rearranged to a date/time I can but that’s more £ tied up in tickets I don’t know if I’ll use or not

As expected Premier League ticket sales suspended

I can only see the season being voided and Liverpool given the league with no promotion or relegation. Question is what do they do with teams who have games in hand? A point each would see us finish 7th. So dependant on City's ban being upheld for us to play in the EL next season and in the July qualifiers again if such a thing exists.

Would we not go in at least a bit later this time? As now we have a coefficient of our own whereas in 2019 we had 0 points.