• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves History Thread

I guess it's the nature of highlights that more attacking players look better than I remember (Robinson) and more defensive players (Curle and Stowell) look worse. But Robinson seems to have a lot more goal involvements than I remember, and his pass to Goodman at Leeds was sublime.
Lovely assist for Keano at Maine Road in 1999

Where's the Neves thunderbolt? I was looking forward to seeing it. :(

97table.png

Still got Oldham, Grimsby, Bradford, Southend, Blues, Reading to play. Not playing Bolton, Barnsley or Sheff Utd again. We can't muck this up surely.

Mark McGhee: Hold my beer.

Last edited:
Proper Hwang of a clearance from Bully though

27 years ago today. I was so convinced we'd more or less sealed the deal here...

Neil Emblen nearly got me killed. I was sat on my hands in amongst the home fans and for a brief second broke cover and jumped off my seat as he crashed a 30 yarder just wide. Shouted something along the lines of tackle the prick and sat down sheepishly and lived to tell the tale. My two mates either side of me told me afterwards they were prepared to put the final boot into me should it have gone off.

Was it really 50 years ago this weekend I was stood on the Wembley terraces singing happy birthday to Gary Peirce. Oh what a day.

I was there sitting amongst the leeds fans in Lowfields Road stand.

Few things from that, must have been one of the few games Adrian Williams played before he developed a stiff neck, how much I loved Keith Curle and what a horrible Referee Paul Durkin was.

The way it which players stayed on their feet back then , despite tough tackles , or just dusted themselves down and got on with things compared to today .

Apologies if posted before, but I've only just seen this and it's great.

The sound quality is poor, but some of the footage (them clambering onto the coach and driving off up Waterloo road) is brilliant.

Also what a quote by Billy Wright

We'd get the ball in the net quicker than you could say Jack Robinson

Wtf!? :ROFLMAO:

Collectors' item here, not one but TWO goals by Paul McLoughlin! (From a combined distance of around 3 yards)

Two cracking goals by us on this one and some bonus commentary from what I'm sure is an early Peter Kay character.

Back