• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves Kit Thread

Oh loads. Don’t even start asking about northeast dialects. Those fuckers come down here and ask for a pint of scotch in a pub and can’t understand why most people think they should be in a lunatic asylum.

Surprised no one caught that I was making a Ted Lasso reference…

Figured I was setting someone up for a homerun, as it were!

Last edited:
I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't know who Ted Lasso is

I've never watched it but I know what it is. Football and TV/film, especially with a comedy angle, really does not tend to translate well. Some people think Mike Bassett is a good film but I found it about as much fun as watching Mark Rankine cross a ball. It could be the exception to the rule but I'm happy to not find out.

Sports films generally make me cringe, especially those that show some ‘action’. I appreciate there will be some reasonable ones, but as a sport nut I’ve seen few

more a hypothetical comedy than an actual one. There are long stretches where Juno Temple is the only actor even trying to sell what few jokes are in the scripts

a show that isn't unwatchably bad but isn't really much of anything

humour rooted in some questionable and uneasy stereotypes

Sounds brilliant.

Ted Lasso isn't really about the football, it's the backdrop but not the narrative of the show. In the same way The Office isn't about selling paper. It's more character and relationship based and is drama with comedy moments not a sitcom. If you wanted to take the football bit seriously it has very many plot holes and law breaks, but if you are watching it bothered that Man City couldn't recall Jamie Tartt outside of the transfer window then it probably isn't the show for you.

I don't agree with the final comment because the show isn't punching down at those stereotypes, but I can see where they are coming from.

Back