• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves TV

Chrome extension - GetThemAll

*cough*

Really not sure that you as a mod should post something like this telling all & sundry how to access copyrighted material for free, given the streams/links stance sticky'd at the top of this forum.
Do you not see how your post contradicts the apparent forum stance?

Really not sure that you as a mod should post something like this telling all & sundry how to access copyrighted material for free, given the streams/links stance sticky'd at the top of this forum.
Do you not see how your post contradicts the apparent forum stance?
It's hardly a big secret that those browser extensions exist. Viewing a game 48 hours afterwards is hardly the most heinous copyright crime either.

Random question. I'll be in the air on Saturday during the game, but Virgin have paid for WiFi. Will I be able to watch the game, or will the IP address be a UK one and block me?

Random question. I'll be in the air of Saturday during the game, but Virgin have paid for WiFi. Will I be able to watch the game, or will the IP address be a UK one and block me?

I doubt it will be a UK IP, but the on flight WiFi is usually too slow to stream anything on most flights. You might drop lucky and they have a tv channel showing the game - bizarrely caught a wolves game on bein while on a flight once.

OK, thanks. Will listen to 5live or Talksport then, which is still better than nothing

Looks like Brentford vs Forest is the one that's being shown across Europe (which normally means it's the main game on the highlights)

The Derby game (video) is available on Derby's site now. Not sure if Wolves will be showing it too. If not you could go there.

Edit: £5 the same.

For all the improvement in terms of the first team we've seen under Fosun, I'm slightly worried about what they've put together for off-pitch administration if WolvesTV is anything to go by. They were very proud to have hired for the website redesign the same agency that did Man City's, but there's no point splashing money on some nice front end stuff if you're not going to maintain the back end properly; neither does it make sense to opt-out of using someone else's streaming service because you want to do your own thing, but then not put the resources required into actually building the team or infrastructure to provide it.

- They took far too long to scale their server capacity up to handle demand in pre-season, it shouldn't have been a surprise as they had registration numbers in advance.
- On-screen graphics (like the timer top-left, idents between replays, etc.) started extremely basic and haven't improved, and sound is still restricted to ambient noise from near the static camera mount; meanwhile, other teams are bundling commentary, analysis, replays, even pre- and post-match broadcast-style studio discussion in a couple of cases apparently.
- What's included in the service is opaque, as is the schedule (If they're not showing the Derby game, fine, but why not clarify that? They know how much frustration there is with the club's poor communication in general right now, I get if they want to keep injury news quiet, but even this? Why?
- The team working on this seems understaffed, or possibly inexperienced, or possibly both; when I saw the tweet about having to handle a 130GB video file of the Boro match I had some sympathy from my experience of web development and digital content creation, but that was because I thought they were editing the raw stream into something more ambitious by incorporating more replays or camera angles. When it finally went up, nope, just the same as the raw stream from Saturday. It doesn't take three days to x264 a 130GB file into something suitable for web hosting.
- A web player that doesn't work on mobile OSs, and when you full-screen it on desktop the player controls don't disappear. I genuinely haven't seen a web player as clunky as this one for the best part of a decade.

To an extent I shouldn't complain - I'm going to get to see games regularly this season, finally! But it's kind of stunning to me that they had the same amount of time as every other Championship club, *and* some of the most ambitious boardroom investment in club infrastructure - from the pitch to the screens to the fan zone and more - yet what they've produced is essentially no better than any generic illegal streaming site. OK, it doesn't have ads, but as an indicator of professionalism behind the scenes it is sorely lacking.

For all the improvement in terms of the first team we've seen under Fosun, I'm slightly worried about what they've put together for off-pitch administration if WolvesTV is anything to go by. They were very proud to have hired for the website redesign the same agency that did Man City's, but there's no point splashing money on some nice front end stuff if you're not going to maintain the back end properly; neither does it make sense to opt-out of using someone else's streaming service because you want to do your own thing, but then not put the resources required into actually building the team or infrastructure to provide it.

- They took far too long to scale their server capacity up to handle demand in pre-season, it shouldn't have been a surprise as they had registration numbers in advance.
- On-screen graphics (like the timer top-left, idents between replays, etc.) started extremely basic and haven't improved, and sound is still restricted to ambient noise from near the static camera mount; meanwhile, other teams are bundling commentary, analysis, replays, even pre- and post-match broadcast-style studio discussion in a couple of cases apparently.
- What's included in the service is opaque, as is the schedule (If they're not showing the Derby game, fine, but why not clarify that? They know how much frustration there is with the club's poor communication in general right now, I get if they want to keep injury news quiet, but even this? Why?
- The team working on this seems understaffed, or possibly inexperienced, or possibly both; when I saw the tweet about having to handle a 130GB video file of the Boro match I had some sympathy from my experience of web development and digital content creation, but that was because I thought they were editing the raw stream into something more ambitious by incorporating more replays or camera angles. When it finally went up, nope, just the same as the raw stream from Saturday. It doesn't take three days to x264 a 130GB file into something suitable for web hosting.
- A web player that doesn't work on mobile OSs, and when you full-screen it on desktop the player controls don't disappear. I genuinely haven't seen a web player as clunky as this one for the best part of a decade.

To an extent I shouldn't complain - I'm going to get to see games regularly this season, finally! But it's kind of stunning to me that they had the same amount of time as every other Championship club, *and* some of the most ambitious boardroom investment in club infrastructure - from the pitch to the screens to the fan zone and more - yet what they've produced is essentially no better than any generic illegal streaming site. OK, it doesn't have ads, but as an indicator of professionalism behind the scenes it is sorely lacking.

Well said! Totally agree.

Very much agree with comment on communication. Asked to pay £45 up front without knowing fully what you are going to get for the money and here we are 19.00 on Friday night here and still don't know if they are showing the game. Wakey Wakey Wolves and give us some information.

I'm fairly confident the game tomorrow will be streamed to overseas fans as usual (for either £5 for the game or if you've paid £45, it'll be inclusive of that). It isn't on Sky and it isn't the main game on the Channel 5 show - so why wouldn't it be?

As for me, I can't wait to re-watch the 90 minutes highlights when they get uploaded on Wednesday of next week! :icon_lol:

I'm fairly confident the game tomorrow will be streamed to overseas fans as usual (for either £5 for the game or if you've paid £45, it'll be inclusive of that). It isn't on Sky and it isn't the main game on the Channel 5 show - so why wouldn't it be?

As for me, I can't wait to re-watch the 90 minutes highlights when they get uploaded on Wednesday of next week! :icon_lol:

Derby might not want it to be? Think for away games the host club can just tell the camera crew to do one if they wish.

Not so sure as the Hull game (Tues) is available to buy to overseas fans now. Derby isn't yet.

So, by season end they might have signed up to 23 championship clubs websites :icon_lol:

Derby might not want it to be? Think for away games the host club can just tell the camera crew to do one if they wish.

The link is available on Derby's site, so you assume there will be cameras there. Can't see why they'd tell us to piss off if they're recording it themselves.

Yeah, it's all the same centralized service provided by iFollow, even if Wolves and some other clubs have chosen to package and serve that content independently. Why not offer away matches as well as home matches? Any argument that it might be for avoiding damaging away ticket sales doesn't make sense as this service is geoblocked at the national level only, if it's not seen as hurting home attendances it can't do the same for away either.

It's just all very.... bitty.

Back