• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves TV

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/2017720-wolvestv-pre-season-packages-now-available/#59709bad9b75f

"Fans in the UK and Ireland can sign up to watch the friendlies against Shrewsbury and Peterborough United live on WolvesTV and also get the usual audio commentary for Wolves v Leicester City for just £7."

"Fans based overseas can watch live match action of all three pre season friendlies for a total fee of £12."

"The Audio package will be available for just £45 for the season and will include live commentary from Mikey Burrows for every home and away match (subject to Mikey’s availability) as well as exclusive content on WolvesTV. The seasonal package will be available to purchase soon."

"Fans not wanting to sign up for the season can buy a live commentary match pass (audio only) for just £3 per game. When available to buy, you can sign up via the site."

"Overseas fans will have the opportunity to live stream some matches for just £5 per game. Please note that this is only available to fans outside of the UK & Republic of Ireland due to EFL Broadcasting rules and will not be available for games where we are live on SKY or the featured match on Channel 5. There may also be other away games where technical reasons mean it is impossible for us to live stream."

I'll give that a miss then.

Nothing about being able to watch the full game back? Or is that what they mean by 'exclusive content'.

I wonder if we'd be high profile enough for anybody to bother tapping into it and streaming?

5£ sounds fair and I am certainly going to watch couple of games but its not really fair price if you think about it. Lets look at month of august. Wolves has 6 games so if you watch all of them it makes 30£. When you compare it to for example premier league here in Finland. Premier league is watchable through viaplay that costs 26,8922£ per month. With that you can watch almost all of the games during that month. That is certainly a lot more games than 6 and you have to take in that we are talking about second highest tier of football against the highest. I understand that the pricing of the games is not wolves fault but efl's.

Will definitely be watching most of the available matches over here in Norway. £5 is reasonable enough I guess, provided the stream is stable and of decent quality. And so long as I'll not have to watch Batth repeatedly hoofing the ball long for Deadly Dave to miscontrol it out of play.

I think these 2 just offered Del? :D

I will privately if I can get the damn thing going.

5£ sounds fair and I am certainly going to watch couple of games but its not really fair price if you think about it. Lets look at month of august. Wolves has 6 games so if you watch all of them it makes 30£. When you compare it to for example premier league here in Finland. Premier league is watchable through viaplay that costs 26,8922£ per month. With that you can watch almost all of the games during that month. That is certainly a lot more games than 6 and you have to take in that we are talking about second highest tier of football against the highest. I understand that the pricing of the games is not wolves fault but efl's.

On the other hand, if like me you don't have the time to watch a lot of football (or are living with someone not in that way inclined), you'll be paying £10-20 a month to watch the few games you are actually interested in. The prices for PL broadcasts in western Scandiwegia are somewhat more diabolical as well at £43, or £38 if you are streaming.

I wonder if we'd be high profile enough for anybody to bother tapping into it and streaming?
Probably not I use a pretty high profile paid service and the club streams are normally not on there, I will check as soon as the first one comes out and report back!

I will also test a VPN (for location) but might be best I report that back privately as if everyone does it they might get suspicious.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Can't see how you can complain about £5?

If I can't get to the game or it's a stupid one, like Ipswich away on a Tuesday, then I'd probably be willing to pay £10+ if I was guanrateed a high quality reliable stream without ads/viruses.

Well, my VPN wasn't blocked by the checkout system, nor my prepaid US debit card with a randomly generated address. Let's see if I can actually watch the Leicester match, though.

Will definitely be watching most of the available matches over here in Norway. £5 is reasonable enough I guess, provided the stream is stable and of decent quality. And so long as I'll not have to watch Batth repeatedly hoofing the ball long for Deadly Dave to miscontrol it out of play.

£5 matches up well to the Sky Day pass of £6.99 here - stream was fine for the latest pre season game

If you went to watch it in the pub that's less than 2 pints.

I live out in the country, have to go for miles to find the pub showing it at which point you really shouldn't have the second pint as you have to drive back as well.

I go on to earlies from tomorrow so have signed up for the £7 deal. I know I'm going to the Leicester but £7 is pretty good for two live games

If you went to watch it in the pub that's less than 2 pints.

...is this where I am supposed to jump in with the mandatory telling-foreigners-about-alcohol-prices-in-Norway routine?

(The last beer I bought cost me the equivalent of £12. 40cl and wasn't even anything really fancy. I am not joking and I remwmber being only moderately appalled at the price.)

Nothing about being able to watch the full game back? Or is that what they mean by 'exclusive content'.

FYI, I asked them a question along those lines. (I also have to say I'm very impressed with getting such a quick response to a question emailed at 10pm UK time):

"As an overseas supporter, I'm interested in watching more games using your new TV service. However, the time zone means that watching live is an issue. Will games be available to stream after the event? i.e. I will would want to watch a game that is live at 2am here later that day"

"EFL rules do not allow live games to be available again until after the embargo (which is 12 noon on Sunday following a 3pm Saturday). We're likely to be uploading a full recording of the game where we live stream on to WolvesTV so you'd be able to watch it after the embargo. This will also be available to the seasonal audio subscribers (£45) so if you won't be able to watch live this might be a better option for you?"

"Thanks for the very quick response Laura. I appreciate the clarification. I'm surprised that this embargo is applicable as the service is only for non UK residents and unfortunately the weekend is finished here by noon on a Sunday UK time so avoiding hearing the result and watching as if live isn't really an option. Hopefully there will be more flexibility for overseas supporters in the future. Thanks!"

"That's a very good point actually! I will ask the EFL to clarify but I suspect it is 12 noon GMT time i.e. so many hours after the game kicks off – but I will check for you!"

Hmm. I wasn't going to bother with the audio as I couldn't do another season listening to Burrows and say-like Thompson. But a full recording of the game would be ace.

Back