• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Fulham - build up

Slightly OT but the verdict thread after we beat Fulham in the Prem is interesting reading - it's in the 'Similar Threads' box underneath. One of the very last good days before it all went to shit.

Setting off in an hour or so and really looking forward to this. Hope Dicko and Afobe run them ragged

Probably was our best team performance in the Premier League really. Shame how quickly we unraveled.

In the cup when we played Fulham at times we struggled with their diamond formation. McCormack becoming a third striker seemed to cause us problems through the middle, only when we matched them formation wise did we start to get any joy. I wouldn't be too surprised if Henry dropped out for price/Evans. Might be a bit lopside however as I can't see Sako being dropped.

Gonna get booked into the hotel, have a wander to the club shop, meet up with DW and a few others and get food....
Just to let you know it does take the best part of 3 hours to get down to Wolves when I'm not running for trains ;)

Tim Nash ‏@TimNash_star · 5m5 minutes ago
#Wolves midfielder @LeeEvans94 subjected to the club's disciplinary procedure after tweet criticising his exclusion.

Back in the squad for tonight though

Daft lad, especially after he tweeted when he got dropped early last season. He said he was surprised by the reaction he got and he quickly learned he was stupid to do it............clearly forgot the lesson he learned there.

He didn't actually tweet anything though, his brother did. His brother did mention something about he should have gone on loan to Watford, which is probably breaking confidentiality.

He didn't actually tweet anything though, his brother did. His brother did mention something about he should have gone on loan to Watford, which is probably breaking confidentiality.

I saw his Tweets but with the reaction going around I thought Lee may have done the old classic of Tweeting and then deleting.

I saw his Tweets but with the reaction going around I thought Lee may have done the old classic of Tweeting and then deleting.

No, I think he retweeted and favourited it though.

No, I think he retweeted and favourited it though.

Cheers.
Still a daft sod but this raises a question though. With Price being ill and Evans was left out, what had been going on before BrotherTweetGate? Jackett not happy with his level of performance in training recently?

For those that didn't see it.

336e74ca4a7ea657f2648043effd281a.jpg

Evans is in the same boat as Jacobs really in terms of he's not going to play really but Kenny can't afford to let him go out on loan in case we get an injury somewhere

Evans is in the same boat as Jacobs really in terms of he's not going to play really but Kenny can't afford to let him go out on loan in case we get an injury somewhere

Not sure about that, Evans has been one of our better performers this season really. Just been a bit unlucky with that injury he had and now he's been a bit silly.

If Price is feeling better, he will likely start. If not, it will probably be the same team. We could probably do with someone more defensively minded than Edwards next to McDonald for this but who? Evans is too similar to McDonald (and on the naughty step) whilst everyone else too too forward thinking.

Not sure about that, Evans has been one of our better performers this season really. Just been a bit unlucky with that injury he had and now he's been a bit silly.

But he has barely featured for ages now since Price took his place apart from the random start a few weeks back. He's not likely to get much of a look in unless price or McDonald get injured but he's not going to be able to go on loan either.

Back