• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Fulham - build up

Carrotdude

Reaction score
Same team do we think? Fulham are in pretty bad form so we really should be winning this, hopefully some more goals for our blossoming strike partnership.

Norwich beating Watford was a good result for us, I feel. Now they're both on 56, and Ipswich on 57. We're 51. You look at those three and think that there's a good chance at least one of them will drop 5 or 6 points between now and the end of the season, giving us an outside chance still of making it into the play-offs. But that's contingent on us not dropping silly points, and that includes this match - we really, really need to make the most of this match against a weak Fulham side (and then an iffy Cardiff on Saturday as well), because chances are our best shot is being able to go into the matches against Bournemouth and Watford after that with the ability to close the gap in our own hands.

(Still expecting us to finish 7th, mind.)

Yeah I think it probably is too big a gap for us to get to the playoffs this year but if we can win the next 2 it will keep up the pressure on the others and make the following games very interesting.

Same team unless Price is well enough to play, in which case I'd bring him in for Edwards.

2014/15: W 1-0 (A), D 0-0 (A, FAC), D 3-3 (H, FAC - lost on pens)
2011/12: W 2-0 (H), L 0-5 (A)
2010/11: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2009/10: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2003/4: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2000/1: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A), L 2-3 (A, LC)
1999/0: W 3-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
1997/8: W 1-0 (H, LC), W 1-0 (A, LC)
1995/6: W 2-0 (H, LC), W 5-1 (A, LC)

Bit odd that Evans didn't make the bench against Rotherham with Price unavailable. Did we even have any central midfield cover at all?

Not that I would ever put him there (or anywhere on the pitch at all) but Doherty has played CM for Ireland U21s.

Just seems odd that Evans makes the bench every week when Price plays and then when he's ill Evans doesn't get there. I notice Keita isn't in the U21 squad for tonight so possibly in the reckoning for tomorrow night?

Just seems odd that Evans makes the bench every week when Price plays and then when he's ill Evans doesn't get there. I notice Keita isn't in the U21 squad for tonight so possibly in the reckoning for tomorrow night?

Don't think his brother's tweet will have helped him or him favouring it.

Indeed. I think central midfield will need an upgrade in the summer, the options we have are all limited in different ways. Personally I still think Evans is very good but he'd be better playing instead of McDonald rather than alongside him or in a midfield 3.

Indeed. I think central midfield will need an upgrade in the summer, the options we have are all limited in different ways. Personally I still think Evans is very good but he'd be better playing instead of McDonald rather than alongside him or in a midfield 3.

Gael Bigirimana could be on his way out at Newcastle. Worth a look depending on his spell at Rangers?

Fair enough, just remember his name getting chucked around a transfer thread once before.

You'd play a defensive midfield player to mark a defensive midfield player?

You'd play a defensive midfield player to mark a defensive midfield player?

Teams started to man mark KMac last season. Not that he's defensive, as such, more deep lying.

If we set up the same as the weekend it will look like a Basketball match with a potential basketball score. Fulham have far more quality than Rotherham.

Let's go for it again. We've got potency up front now, so an unchanged line up and an attacking mindset is the way I'd set us up.

Looking forward to this one - in the NB Upper tonight.

Teams started to man mark KMac last season. Not that he's defensive, as such, more deep lying.
So surely this would have to be a forward or attacking midfielder, unless people are advocating Price playing behind the forward

Price if fit in for Edwards for me.

With only playing 4 in midfield we need them to be more disciplined in their positional play and covering.

Fulham will not miss the chances Rotherham did.

Back