• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Huddersfield - Build Up & Match Thread

A summer rebuild that will end with most of the current squad still playing most games. I really cannot understand what has gone wrong this season, yet sadly I fully expect more of the same next season.

What went wrong Frank, IMO, was the crazy start to the season. Buying 12 players in one fell swoop and the upheaval of new, inexperienced owners and sacking Jackett and bringing in Zenga and Co..
Then to compound that we had the further upheaval of the Zenga and Co. sacking and the appointment of Lambert which was bound to bring instability and uncertainty.

I hope that if we have a 'summer rebuild' that it will be comprehensive enough to see the end of some of our more mediocre players, and bring about a philosophy and style of play that we will find at least acceptable and hopefully exciting. Most of all it must be consistent.

What went wrong Frank, IMO, was the crazy start to the season. Buying 12 players in one fell swoop and the upheaval of new, inexperienced owners and sacking Jackett and bringing in Zenga and Co..
Then to compound that we had the further upheaval of the Zenga and Co. sacking and the appointment of Lambert which was bound to bring instability and uncertainty.

I hope that if we have a 'summer rebuild' that it will be comprehensive enough to see the end of some of our more mediocre players, and bring about a philosophy and style of play that we will find at least acceptable and hopefully exciting. Most of all it must be consistent.

I agree with you, but as most of our mediocre players have been signed up on long term contracts it is clear that they will still be at Molineux come August.

Here's what worries me about Lambert, we are safe but he couldn't motivate a group of players on Saturday, today he couldn't do the same even though 6 of those starting were different. I get the nothing to play for, on the beach mentality, but it worries me with a relatively new manager it's clearly ingrained across the whole squad. We need an almighty clear out and it's not going to happen. I think we'll sign 3/4 players who will be a squad improvement, but can't see us being much above half way next year.

Cav/Lambert relationship worries me in particular, came on Saturday, showboated, gets dropped completely from the 18.

Unlike Frank I don't have an issue with Fosun, but if Lambert was sacked tomorrow, although I not calling for it, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

I agree with you, but as most of our mediocre players have been signed up on long term contracts it is clear that they will still be at Molineux come August.

Contracts don't seem to matter as much these days. We either sell them on or loan them out. We've already got last years mediocrity on loan so a few more won't hurt.

I didnt say he was brilliant, the best of a bad bunch for me.

Comparing him to Edwards is a low bar lol! No where near good enough for the championship. If we signed him for actual money like Saville he'd be getting pelters.

I try and support our own even in adversity... :-(

Back