• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Newcastle 11/01/2020 Build Up Thread

Kinda showed the stupidity of the offside rule with VAR. Couple of time she let a clear offside go, expecting VAR, but Newcastle recycled and kept the ball when it should have been ours. Not her fault, just shit rule making and a really terrible ref.

Think people need a bit of perspective.

I'm starting to think last season's success may do us more harm than good.

We're still only in our second season back in the prem any point is still a good point! Yes the front 3 all seemed to have an off day and we didn't really create much but if it wasn't for 2 great saves we could have won that game 3-1 and nobody would be complaining.

Yes it showed our lack of options too but that hopefully will be addressed.

Onto the next one!

People keep saying the save from Raul's header was a great save but Dubravka knew absolutely nothing about it, it hit his leg. He made himself big, but another 6 inches higher or to his right it was a goal.

People keep saying the save from Raul's header was a great save but Dubravka knew absolutely nothing about it, it hit his leg. He made himself big, but another 6 inches higher or to his right it was a goal.

Yeah i thought it was more a poor finish than a good save. Although in making himself big he upped the chances of saving it.

But making yourself big and filling all the space etc is good goalkeeping.

Agree. Raul mistimed his header and ended up with neither the placement nor the power he intended. Just kinda bounced down onto Dubravka's leg.

That all 3 point-blank chances weren't scored is a huge outlier (the 3rd being Doc's effort cleared off the line by one of the Longstaffs). That doesn't happen often. 9 times outta 10, we come away from that match thinking we'd only played OK but won 3 or 4-1 anyway. Fine margins an' all that.

I haven’t seen the highlights and I’m only going off what I saw live in the NB. Looked like he was aiming near post but mistimed it and it’s just spannered off the corner of his head with no pace. Shame as if that goes in like it should have done we probably win comfortably.

Back