• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Stoke: Carabao Cup Rd 2

Are we concerned that we have lost (are losing) 1-0 to a second string Stoke City side with more or less every one of our first team players featuring at some point? Or do we use the standard excuses when we lose in a competition like this to a lower league side?

Christ this has been painful, the commentary is on par with the quality of the match. I'm not sure if its delayed or the blokes just slow. I've never heard so many errs or paused sentences.

Are we concerned that we have lost (are losing) 1-0 to a second string Stoke City side with more or less every one of our first team players featuring at some point? Or do we use the standard excuses when we lose in a competition like this to a lower league side?

We need to panic ASAP.

What are they?

To be fair it's been a wank game. Am I concerned? No.

Not as concerned as you, it seems.

If they're shite against Man City, I'll be concerned then.

He's either gone completely or not able to come in and play cold. Either way no good to us any longer

I don’t buy the “no match practice argument”. I’d have been pissed of if I let that in at 5 a side. And 1) not a a GK 2) dont do any training 3) don’t wear gloves 4) don’t warm up.

No, I saw most of the game and it was just one of those nights, We were poor - beyond poor really - but we'll be miles better against City. It was heading to penos - rightly - when Ruddy fucked up. He swatted at the ball like you or I might swat at a wasp

Keeps up our tradition of barely giving a rats ass about the league cup in the last 30 years

Utter wank show

Little credit for anyone.

Creativity zero

No shots to cause any trouble

Pathetic effort from Ruddy.

Obviously didn't fancy more Thursday games then. That was as turgid as Huddersfield which given the alleged quality on show is a disappointment

I didn't really care this morning and without seeing the game, don't really now. The only thing that does bother me is that Nuno's team selection and subs would suggest he did.

Please don't ever get injured Rui.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

It's not such surprise to be eliminated in Carabao Cup. It is more surprising how much first team players played in the match. Disappointment

I don't think that even deserves a verdict thread. Unless someone wants to do a "Ruddy Awful" joke.

Yeah, very dissappointing but lets face it the City game was always far more important than this

No, we used it to get minutes in to players legs, simple as that. Would they have liked to have won of course they would but it's a nonsense competition anyway unless you're Man City who can chop and change as they like. It was actually good to see Fabio and Vitinha and they definitely looked like they will add something, we desperately need a rwb and for me still need a lwb as Vinagre just hasn't progressed enough on the ball. Oh and Rui has to stay fit. Nothing to worry about here.

If there is indeed a pattern of us using "standard excuses" then it must mean the same happens every year (meanwhile our league form gets better every year). So the evidence suggests no reason whatsoever to be concerned.

tenor.gif

Back