• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves v Watford: Matchday Thread

Missed the last few games due to other commitments but will be at this one. I can come in earlier so people aren't waiting at tables alone for long.

So a formation of

Paddy-----Deutsch
Pablo------Trips

Parkin-----Coady
Aiki-------Whoever has got Darlo's ticket

Sub Bench - Boozad

I have been declared fit and so I will be taking my position in the line-up this Saturday!

Don’t think the 3-4-3 definitively means we get overrun in midfield. We went to 3-5-2 soon after the palace goal because we were getting overrun (more because we fell to pieces) and we were still just as bad after the change. If we play the 3-4-3 properly like we used to we theoretically have 4 in the middle and won’t get overrun. It also makes us more of an attacking threat stopping us parking the bus and hitting it long.

I don’t think we can afford to play Neves in a two (he’s massively out of form and we can’t afford that in a 2), ideally last years Donk would be perfect but he’s forgot how to control and pass a ball this year. I believe that is why Donk and Moutinho played, they are both more all round than Neves. If we could get a better ball playing Donk we’d have a very good CM duo.

As for attendance - I am 50/50 at the moment.

Decison taken out of my hands and I am being forced to attend. Clearly the wife and the Mother in Law think 3 days of being around is enough

Just a thought on the prospect of 343, Watford dominated the midfield when we played that formation last season. If we do again then the wing backs need to tuck in and whichever of Donck or Saiss plays need to have a decent game. I'd play the latter

Depends if Quique is going to change how they play now. Their weird 4-2-2-2 seems to have come unstuck.

Would also play Saiss, been much better than Donck this season.

Banter aside, this game is absolutely must win. 7 prem games without a win, at home vs the worst form side, bottom of the table, any kind of win here and can get a run of form going. Draw or lose, its starting to get pants shitting time and is going to put huge pressure on nuno for the next 2,3 games

We need to win as the next game is basically an expected defeat. So we could be facing going into the next international break on zero wins.

I don't think you can have a must win in September, but would agree this comes as close as you can

I wouldnt say automatic defeat because city could end up resting a lot of players and we can sneak in a draw, but yeah its not likely.
Edit- highly unlikely, they wont have much reason to rest player with the game after us so far away

I wouldnt say automatic defeat because city could end up resting a lot of players and we can sneak in a draw, but yeah its not likely.
City's second 11 would finish in the Top 4

-------------------Bravo--------------

Cancelo-----Stones--Fernandinho----Angelino

------------------Zinchenko----------------

-------------Foden-------Gündogan------------

-------Mahrez------Jesus-------Sané--------------

Something like that?

Top four I'd say, but mainly as Arsenal and United are mince even with their best team out.

-------------------Bravo--------------

Cancelo-----Stones--Fernandinho----Angelino

------------------Zinchenko----------------

-------------Foden-------Gündogan------------

-------Mahrez------Jesus-------Sané--------------

Something like that?

Top four I'd say, but mainly as Arsenal and United are mince even with their best team out.

Yeah that defence/GK is mince, they’d be got at if they played as open as usual. Average height is also about 5ft 10 so they’d be more vulnerable from set pieces than usual. Solid set up and then hit them on the counter and sort pieces, like what we did at home last season.

Anyone can finish ahead of United and Arsenal you just don’t know what they are going to do. We will see when they get Bellerin Tierney and Holding back

As much as I give Neves a hard time for playing below his potential, what in the world has happened to Dendoncker? He has been a shell of the player we had last season.

Back