• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

World Darts Championship

I actually prefer this version, I never watched any of the Sky world championship but I reckon I'll be watching quite a bit of this.

Plus points - no annoying chants of "Boring Boring table". The games are close, so there is enjoyment in that.

Minuses - the standard, which is way lower. The amateurish set up that the BDO have. Unintelligible announcer being just the start of that.

I think I prefer the more subdued relaxed atmosphere. Though as you say the standard is very poor for the majority of games.

The De Graaf match was quite watchable despite not being the highest scoring affair. Played at a decent pace, more watchable than the game that's on at the moment. Realised earlier that the guy who hosts Channel 5's football league show is on commentary for some reason.

Blackwell averaging 78 at the moment too.

I watched Hankey v Cameron yesterday and the standard was awful, averages way down and numerous efforts to check failed by some distance.

They hardly put the averages up now. And on the BDO site they only do a one-dart average. Is this some cover, to mask the fact that they are a good ten to fifteen points below a PDC also-ran?

So far, defending champion Scott Mitchell has the best average, which equates to just under 96 in normal parlance. Most of the men's averages seem to be in the 81-84 range.

Darts legend Trina Gulliver, famous for regularly winning a four-woman select field every year at Lakeside has come through her game with an average a mote over 72.

Of course, its like the Premier League & the football league, there was a bloke on the radio this morning, editor of a darts magazine ir something, he ws saying the BDO crowd were more appreciative of the game while at the PDC its more a case of a jolly boys outing and a good piss up.

Definitely. Although that has only really come along since the move to Ally Pally. The crowd at the Circus Tavern was fine. All these loud chants when clearly not even watching the game do my nut in on the Sky coverage. However, Lakeside is like a morgue. Everyone looks pretty damn bored.

Of course, its like the Premier League & the football league, there was a bloke on the radio this morning, editor of a darts magazine ir something, he ws saying the BDO crowd were more appreciative of the game while at the PDC its more a case of a jolly boys outing and a good piss up.

More like the Champions League and the Conference North.

The PDC crowd with their three songs - including that fucking Toure song, bawled out ad infinitum for literally no reason - boil my piss, but I can put them aside and concentrate on the darts. Cannot take the BDO seriously when it's genuine pub standard, it's in the same league as women's football as a spectacle.

Points taken, one might even say, a bit like watching Wolves at the moment. :icon_wink:

Caught the final last night, but missed a fair chunk of the Worlds.

Got the BDO on, if Hankey's V Neck gets any lower we'll see his cockwomble.

Strangely, when he plays exhibitions his shirt is much less low cut.

Hankey out. Comprehensively beaten as I understand it. I would love to check the scoresheet but the BDO website hasn't been updated for 24 hours.

It was shite. I think the commentary team said he hit 1 double in 21. He was supposedly angry that the bookies had him as 80-1 outsider to win the thing and was gonna show them they were wrong.

Martin Adams out. Averaged just under 92 in a fairly entertaining match.

Typical, just as I was actually starting to find him less objectionable after his Grand Slam performance.

Back