• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

World Darts Championship

Williams v Harms is a decent watch. Very close game between two well matched players.

Yeah I'm watching it, I thought the Dutch lad was gonna piss it when it started.

I started to watch the match but after the 10th "One Hunnnndreeeeeddd" announcement. I turned it off

He looks like he is up past his bedtime. Bags sponsored by Samsonite.

Forgot how many times we've been told his nickname is Sparky because 'he used to be an electrician', cue loads of fucking puns.

Commentary etc is very poor on the Beeb. However, that was a decent game. Williams will be disappointed not to have gone through from 3-2 up with a break.

This weferwee is doing my head in WUNHUNDWED

McGeeney and Mitchell both averaging 91 here which is nothing earth shattering but would earn you a PDC card in all likelihood if you could do that regularly.

The problem is you aren't going to win anything in the PDC with that kind of scoring - not even the floor events these days. So if you did move over (which could only be the top 2-3 players on show here) you'd have to bring your A Game every single week to invariably get not very far. Very easy to actually lose money on the PDC tour if you struggle what with expenses and all. Kirk Shepherd pissed all his World Championship money up the wall bumming around on the tour while ranked about 130 in the world for a couple of years.

Durrant could probably play in the PDC, he'd beat the likes of Hamilton, Pipe, Painter, Nicholson pretty comfortably these days. Mind you he isn't young.

Mitchell through in the sudden death leg. Really enjoyed that. Good game.

Just watched Gulliver v Ashton play a 32 dart leg!

De Vos currently battering Scott Waites. Had three bull finishes.

I don't think there are many consistent players in this championship.

God knows how Waites just won that Set.

Another grand slam performance and do well here and De Vos could be a candidate to make the move. I was very impressed by McGeeney earlier. Looked to have some serious scoring power. However, he is older than me, and has probably missed the PDC boat.

Back