• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Your PL XI of the Year

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
----------------------Alisson----------------------

Trippier---------Dias---------Saliba--------Henry

---------------------Casemiro-----------------

------------De Bruyne-------Odegaard------------

---------Salah---------Haaland--------Rashford-----

He's a dick but I'd have Ramsdale over Alisson, Saka over Salah and Guimaraes over Casemiro. Not seen enough of Brentford to comment on Henry

I didn’t realize how big the gap defensively had gotten between Newcastle + City and everyone else, at least in terms of GA.

---------------------Alisson----------------------

Trippier---------Dias---------Saliba--------Shaw

---------------------Casemiro-----------------

------------De Bruyne-------Odegaard------------

---------Saka---------Haaland--------Mitoma-----

Left back is a tricky one. I went against Shaw because of United's occasional horror shows but overall he's had a good season.

Pretty sure Rico Henry was on my target list when he was at Walsall. Why won't they bloody listen*.

*(Don't mention Kenny Lunt, Danny "Return To" Senda or Jose Baxter)

Yeah Alisson has to be the keeper for me.

I think I’d have Saka in over Salah. Mitoma is a great shout but then rashford has been very very good.

Left back, got to be Jonn… no. I’d go with Zinchenko perhaps. He makes a big difference to how Arsenal play even if he does have some flaws defending 1v1.

Alisson
Tripper Dias Botman Zinchenko
Saka KDB Odegaard Rashford
Kane Haaland
Appreciate it doesn’t work as well on paper as some of the others, but I had to include Kane. He’s basically carried Spurs all season and, despite being universally hated by Wolves fans, is still a world class centre forward.

I went for Botman over the Arsenal CB’s as they are on par with City for defensive stats this season which is an incredible achievement. Very annoying that we could have signed him. Imagine Botman and Dawson together!

Pope

Trippier
Saliba
Dias
Shaw

Rodri
Odegaard
De Bruyne

Salah
Haaland
Martinelli

Kane and Saka very unlucky to miss out in mine, both had fabulous seasons

Alisson
Tripper Dias Botman Zinchenko
Saka KDB Odegaard Rashford
Kane Haaland
Appreciate it doesn’t work as well on paper as some of the others, but I had to include Kane. He’s basically carried Spurs all season and, despite being universally hated by Wolves fans, is still a world class centre forward.

I went for Botman over the Arsenal CB’s as they are on par with City for defensive stats this season which is an incredible achievement. Very annoying that we could have signed him. Imagine Botman and Dawson together!
You are Garth Crooks and I can claim my tenner?

----------------------Alisson----------------------

Trippier---------Stones-------Dias-----------Shaw

---------------------Guimares-----------------------

-Saka------De Bruyne-------Odegaard-----Mitoma

----------------------Haaland-----------------------------

Much like Pep I'd have Stones a bit further forward - he's been magnificent in that weird role he's playing.

Much like Pep I'd have Stones a bit further forward - he's been magnificent in that weird role he's playing.
I was tempted to have Walker at right back so that Walker and Shaw can create a 3 and allow Stones to move forward. I then realised that I'm picking a hypothetical team and talking bollocks on the internet so should get on with some work instead!

I'll have a go at the worst:

------------------------Ward-----------------------

Kehrer----------Faes---------Bednarek-------Cucurella

-------------McKennie---Shelvey----Skipp--------

---------Guedes---------Maupay----Sterling-----------

Cucurella or Firpo was another really tight call. Went with the former as he cost £60m+ and looks like he cost £60k.

Back