• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

2019/20 Squad Numbers

Wardinho won a player of the month as a striker way back then.

That goal against Liverpool...

Proudlock is the one that gets me. Remember the phrase 'next Bully' being thrown around...

He was pretty good in 2000/1. Good effort, not bad technique, some good finishes.

Thereafter got fat and grew a mullet. Looked like an 80s darts player.

Did score the worst hat trick ever away at Bradford in October 2001.

Alright Cyber!

:icon_Red-Card:

giphy.gif

Footballers are odd folk. They have success in 1 number and they won't change out of fear of ruining the luck. Superstitious freaks....(I will ignore as a player I was stupidly superstitious to make my point)

Pot

Kettle

We are related and I claim my £5

(says the player who insists on wearing 13 in goal before it was fashionable to wear other numbers than 1)

Pot

Kettle

We are related and I claim my £5

(says the player who insists on wearing 13 in goal before it was fashionable to wear other numbers than 1)

You just take it a level above the norm...

I was wearing 11 in goal before Patricio. Never used to care what number I had. As a teen on a Sunday League i was generally dumped at right back but then I got put up front for a game, wore Number 11 and scored 3. From that point on 11 was my number. All my keeper gear had 11 on it somewhere (jack of all trades me)

You just take it a level above the norm...

I was wearing 11 in goal before Patricio. Never used to care what number I had. As a teen on a Sunday League i was generally dumped at right back but then I got put up front for a game, wore Number 11 and scored 3. From that point on 11 was my number. All my keeper gear had 11 on it somewhere (jack of all trades me)

So we were both keepers, both superstitious both had two digit numbers.

Still claiming my £5- brother Kenny :icon_cool:

*calls suicide hotline*

As fun as this is...

What about the young lad who was on the bench the other day, Terry Taylor? You'd think he'd get a number since he's already been in the squad.

What about the young lad who was on the bench the other day, Terry Taylor? You'd think he'd get a number since he's already been in the squad.

Nuno seems to give them squad numbers when they are picked for the 1st team. That list isn't official yet but is the list we have given to UEFA for the next 2 games

When the official squad is announced on Friday, they may have one or they may have to wait. Vinagre signed and wasn't given a squad number in the official list and then played in the League Cup a few days later and got one. Think Watt, Goncalves, Ashley-Seal were the same last season

That one or Mutch v Newcastle?

Neither were Le Tissier levels, were they?

I think Proudy *just* nicks it.

Dougie Freedman vs Norwich is the best Wolves hat trick I've ever seen on a technical basis. Jota last season was good too.

Iwan Roberts at Albion on a totes emosh level, obviously.

That one or Mutch v Newcastle?

Neither were Le Tissier levels, were they?
One off each ass cheek and the third a missed handball?

I think Proudy *just* nicks it.

Dougie Freedman vs Norwich is the best Wolves hat trick I've ever seen on a technical basis. Jota last season was good too.

Iwan Roberts at Albion on a totes emosh level, obviously.

Freedman's outside of the foot shot v Norwich was outstanding. The bloke behind me was berating him for taking it early when he was essentially 1-on-1. For about half a second.

Freedman could've been such a good player for us. Shame he and McGhee had to have a punch up / shag each other's wives / whatever it was.

Proudlock is the one that gets me. Remember the phrase 'next Bully' being thrown around...

One of the saddest things for me in recent Wolves history, think I may have used the new Bully line myself after that first season. Local boy done good turned into a waster who blew his chance.....quite a good bloke now he's grown up a bit, unfortunately 15 years too late

Surprised Perry isn't on that list, given he was allocated 26 for the Crusaders games. It is left blank mind.

And the purist in me is upset by a centre-half being given 4 whilst a midfielder is given 6.

Think he is #26, just wasn't on the list I was sent

Judging by the fancy videos Wolves have tweeted I'm guessing Vallejo 4 and Cutrone 10 will apply in the Prem too

Back