• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Loan Watch 2022/2023

Fabio on and sets up Simons to make it 2-1

Round-up from the weekend.

Ryan Giles - Middlesbrough (Championship)

Played the full game in Boro's play-off semi at Coventry. Finished 0-0.

Jordao - Santa Clara (Portuguese Primeira Liga)

Played 79 minutes in a 5-3 defeat at Braga.

Hayao Kawabe and Bendeguz Bolla´- Grasshoppers Zurich (Swiss Super League)

Both played a full game as GHZ won 2-0 vs Luzern and go fifth and 3 pts off the Conference League spots . Kawabe scored the first with one of those free-kicks that are probably a cross but just elude everyone and end up in the net.

Goal around 4 mins in.

On as sub: Fabio Silva come on for the last half an hour and got another assist, as mentioned above. Corbeanu came on for the last 15 minutes of their 2-1 win. Guedes came on for the last few minutes of a 5-1 away win.

Our PlayStation 1 faced friend may be a fraud in more ways than one.

Wolverhampton Wanderers player Gonçalo Guedes has had his house in Portugal searched by local authorities today, according to the Lisbon media.

CNN Portugal reports that the striker’s house was raided on Wednesday morning as part of the Offside Operation.

That tax authority is conducting a big investigation over Portuguese clubs and players who may have not declared income from recent transfers.

Guedes was involved in several moves before going to Wolves. He was sold by Benfica to PSG for €30m in 2016, then signed by Valencia for €40m in 2018, and finally bought by the Molineux side for €32m in 2022.

According to CNN Portugal, it’s his transfer from PSG to Valencia which drew the tax authority’s attention, as they want to find out whether the player declared the bonuses from that move.

Guedes was loaned by Wolves to Benfica in January, and is initially staying there until the end of the season. So far, he made 14 appearances for them, with two goals scored, and is helping in the campaign for the league title.

For now, there’s no decision on whether the Portuguese club will try to keep him on a permanent transfer.

"That money was just resting in my account before I moved it on to Mr Mendes....."

£100m in transfer fees!!

Mendes is a brilliant evil twisted genius

Even if he only takes a fairly basic 10% commission that's still £10m off one player. It's mental.

Looks pretty certain that Theo Corbeanu will have two relegations on his CV this season. The first half of the season at Blackpool who went down from the Championship and the second half at Bielefeld who lost the first leg of their relegation playoff 4-0 to Wiesbaden yesterday (he came on for the last 20 minutes or so when it was already 3-0).

Wouldn’t shock me if a Canadian club tries to send us some change for him (I think Vancouver it is who are dangerously close to a minimum number of Canadian internationals in the squad). I’d take it if offered.

Looks pretty certain that Theo Corbeanu will have two relegations on his CV this season. The first half of the season at Blackpool who went down from the Championship and the second half at Bielefeld who lost the first leg of their relegation playoff 4-0 to Wiesbaden yesterday (he came on for the last 20 minutes or so when it was already 3-0).
This can’t be right Bielefeld doesn’t exist, how can they have a football team?
Bielefeld conspiracy by Tom Scott on YouTube if you’re wondering what I’m on about.

Yeah, he's nowhere near good enough and never going to be. Take whatever we can.
Couple of Oxford ST holders who work for a client were saying they’d been linked to him last week. We definitely need to cash in on players like him now - literally no point in keeping them on an endless loop of loans when we know he’ll never play for us.

We won’t get much of a fee from Oxford. More likely low (or even no) fee with a decent sell on percentage

Back