• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Are You Normal or an Oddball?

Alan

…unlucky Del - No chance 😉
Reaction score
The cash is his reason, obviously.

But his internal monologue must be saying this is ok because of X, Y, Z?
Maybe he doesn’t have one? Those folks exist tbf and not all are sociopaths.

There are people that don't have internal monologues? The fuck? Lucky, lucky bastards
Often feel like your internal monologues are posted on here.

I’m one of those odd people who don’t ‘see’ memories.

Often feel like your internal monologues are posted on here.

I’m one of those odd people who don’t ‘see’ memories.
At all? If I may ask.

Hoped to see something 'football' new or newsworthy on this transfer thread but instead heard about internal monologues and seeing memories. Am I the only one who'd never heard of such things before?

Last edited:
Nope. Never heard of an internal monologue either and having googled it I don’t I’ve ever had one (outside of being drunk).

Hoped to see something 'football' new or newsworthy on this transfer thread but instead heard about internal dialogues and seeing memories. Am I the only one who'd never heard of such things before?
"who is this oddball"

(can't think of any other way to type an internal monologue...hope they get it)

When you read, do you "hear" the words in your head?
I don’t think so? I just…read?

Currently sitting here trying to work it out and now I’m consciously thinking about it, its difficult to assess, but I don’t think I do.

I don’t think so? I just…read?

Currently sitting here trying to work it out and now I’m consciously thinking about it, its difficult to assess, but I don’t think I do.
I've always heard that's the litmus test. I'm not really capable of reading without my brain "speaking" the words to me, if you will.

To someone without an inner monologue it must seem that the rest of us have a form of schizophrenia!

I only realised I had synesthesia a few years ago, blew my mind when I found out not everyone 'felt' different shapes & colours when listening to music, eating, drinking or hearing/thinking about certain words.

I only realised I had synesthesia a few years ago, blew my mind when I found out not everyone 'felt' different shapes & colours when listening to music, eating, drinking or hearing/thinking about certain words.
I've always been (ignorantly) very jealous of this. It sounds so cool.

I'm sure there are probably times when it's annoying, though.

I've always been (ignorantly) very jealous of this. It sounds so cool.

I'm sure there are probably times when it's annoying, though.
Haha, it's not really cool or annoying tbh, it's just the way it is. I thought everyone was the same until I described a whisky I was drinking to a friend of mine and he looked at me like I was speaking Swahili.

"ooh, that scotch has a real purple triangle note to it"

"ooh, that scotch has a real purple triangle note to it"
Pretty much.

I can't remember exactly what I said but I think I described it tasting a texture.

Back