• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Are You Normal or an Oddball?

It took me a long, long time to get my head around other people not retaining information (especially Wolves stuff) like I do, like well into my 30s before I made peace with it.

I'm not odd, it's the rest of you :D

Haha, it's not really cool or annoying tbh, it's just the way it is. I thought everyone was the same until I described a whisky I was drinking to a friend of mine and he looked at me like I was speaking Swahili.
This Transfer thread has taken a really interesting turn!
Someone should start a thread on it.
And indeed, as I'm typing it, I can hear the words. Frequently I can hear a lot more words so I get to edit them and type the words that are most appropriate etc etc.

Has anybody ever broke paper when wiping their arse, in essence have you fingered you're arse ?

I've got a friend who can't see dreams, she remembers what happens but there are never any images (or so she says), which must be weird.

My memory isn't what it was tbf now. Ironically living on faded glories. I am pretty old though.

I don't know if it's true but I've always been led to believe that you only actually remember stuff once, but then you subsequently remember your last memory of it, if that makes sense.

I remember fuck all like so I don't really know

Retaining information is different though isn't it. That's just data, words and numbers, dates and places. Otherwise no-one would ever learn anything.

Another thing I was surprised to find out is that some people stand up to wipe their arse after they take a shit.

Fucking animals.
The time of the bidet is here, comrade.

I don't know if it's true but I've always been led to believe that you only actually remember stuff once, but then you subsequently remember your last memory of it, if that makes sense.

Might be referring to "memory contamination"? Basically how lots of similar memories or details get smushed together over time. Theoretically, it's part of what leads to déjà vu.

Might be referring to "memory contamination"? Basically how lots of similar memories or details get smushed together over time. Theoretically, it's part of what leads to déjà vu.

At all? If I may ask.
Yep, it’s called aphantasia

I have a pretty good memory for some things - for words almost eidetic if I’m interested in the subject but everything is descriptive. I can describe what I saw, but can’t see it - if that makes sense.

I've got a friend who can't see dreams, she remembers what happens but there are never any images (or so she says), which must be weird.

My memory isn't what it was tbf now. Ironically living on faded glories. I am pretty old though.
I very rarely see my dreams but have feelings / recollections. When I do see dreams they're incredibly vivid and feel very real in the first few seconds just after waking up.

It took me a long, long time to get my head around other people not retaining information (especially Wolves stuff) like I do, like well into my 30s before I made peace with it.

I'm not odd, it's the rest of you :D
Im like that with faces & people. I can remember people I've met once from years ago, sometimes people I've not even spoken to but have seen somewhere.

I realised in my early twenties to keep where I'd seen people to myself, especially girls, because it made me look like a fucking stalker.

Wait, not everyone hears the words in their head when they read? Woah.
I don't hear the words in my head, nor do I read each word in turn, I kinda look at a block of text and it just makes sense.

I have to force myself to read each word sometimes to properly parse stuff, usually if it's a subject I'm not familiar with or something very technical.

Oh ho, i'm the full monte and always have been.
Read aloud in my head,type aloud in my head, and talk to myself, swear at myself aloud, especially when working on a painting or a lamp or whatever.
And give both sides of the problem i sm debating in my head and sometimes aloud, is there any hope for me?
No,
Shut up i wasnt talking to you..........

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
my issue is not with the internal monologue, more the other voices that sometimes argue with it.

now I’ve seen Pav’s post, I wonder if I’m his second voice…. Nah, I’m not that insane!

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
Time is broken for someone I know - they have no concept of the passing of time. 5 minutes and 5 hours feels the same, so she relies on smartphone alarms all the time.

I have no idea how the hell she copes with the world.

Im like that with faces & people. I can remember people I've met once from years ago, sometimes people I've not even spoken to but have seen somewhere.

I realised in my early twenties to keep where I'd seen people to myself, especially girls, because it made me look like a fucking stalker.
There's this chap I've bumped into 3 times. He seems to really know me and I know his face but not a clue who he actually is. Dying to bump into him for a 4th time and deffo asking who he is this time, but it's been several years. I might leave this earth never knowing

my issue is not with the internal monologue, more the other voices that sometimes argue with it.

now I’ve seen Pav’s post, I wonder if I’m his second voice…. Nah, I’m not that insane!
You may be, but can you swear in greek?

Back