• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal 5-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Of the players who played today:

Sá - Fuck him off
Semedo - Wouldn't care if he left
Collins - Fuck him off
Kilman - Fuck him off
Bueno - Keep but upgrade
Traore - Good riddance
Gomes - Keep
Lemina - Keep
Nunes - If we can get our money back I'd move him on.
Hwang - Fuck him off
Raúl - If he's here next season it'll be because we can't afford to buy a replacement and we can't find anyone to pay a nominal fee and take on his wages.
Neves - Sad but the time for him to go was last summer, he's wasted a season here really.
Aït-Nouri - Fuck him off
Toti - Keep
Traore - Keep
Hodge - Fuck him off

Obviously there were a lot of players who didn't play today who will be key next season but reading through that list it doesn't bode well.

Awful end of season dross. A fitting end to a shit season. Big work needed this summer come what may, I want a statement of intent from Lop ASAP and if so that's great as I do want him to stay but if he's not up for it then he has to say quickly and we can get someone in who does want it though Fosun’s managerial hunts don't fill me with confidence.

I went to the beach today as the weather was so nice. Little did i know so did the team! They had ice cream with me....
Maybe JL put that team out to just prove the point, which is no new players = a very hard time next season..

Of the players who played today:

Sá - Fuck him off
Semedo - Wouldn't care if he left
Collins - Fuck him off
Kilman - Fuck him off
Bueno - Keep but upgrade
Traore - Good riddance
Gomes - Keep
Lemina - Keep
Nunes - If we can get our money back I'd move him on.
Hwang - Fuck him off
Raúl - If he's here next season it'll be because we can't afford to buy a replacement and we can't find anyone to pay a nominal fee and take on his wages.
Neves - Sad but the time for him to go was last summer, he's wasted a season here really.
Aït-Nouri - Fuck him off
Toti - Keep
Traore - Keep
Hodge - Fuck him off

Obviously there were a lot of players who didn't play today who will be key next season but reading through that list it doesn't bode well.
And you trust the recruitment team to improve on those you want to go?

Lopetegui saying Podence, Costa and Neto had slight injuries and that's why they weren't in the squad. Repeated that there's players he wants to keep and the club have indicated they can't afford to keep them

Lopetegui saying Podence, Costa and Neto had slight injuries and that's why they weren't in the squad. Repeated that there's players he wants to keep and the club have indicated they can't afford to keep them
The latter sounds like a recipe for disaster. If that is the case he'll be off no doubt.

That's can't be our go to answer to keep playing this dross. So many players who don't deserve to be here.
It shouldn't be no, I agree.

But I think we go down if we strip this squad down to the extent many suggest, I just don't think we'll get the quality in.

Vallejo was on the bench for the UCL Final I'll have you know.

This can only be Traore. Who else do we want to keep who can’t afford?

Sa - cheap, under contract
Bentley - same
Semedo - just extended
Dawson - just signed.
Collins - just signed
Kilman - cheap, under contract
Bueno - same
Toti - same
RAN - doesnt pick him, under contract
Jonny - doesn’t pick him
Neves - you don’t have a say in this one
Lemina/Gomes/Traore/Nunes - just signed
Moutinho - needs to leave
Podence - doesnt pick him, under contract
Neto - same
Sarabia/Cunha - just signed
Hwang - cheap, under contract
Raul - doesn’t pick him
Costa - not good enough

He’s coming out with a lot a of shit at the moment and it’s starting to grate a little. I don’t think the club have just moved the goalposts either so he’s clearly playing some kind of game here. If you can’t be arsed then just fuck off.

Last edited:
I think Lop showed Fosun and the board, exactly what we are going to be playing with if they fuck about with ffp and the "no money" shit weve been hearing about all week.
They back him, or sell up fast, while they have something to sell.
Good man lop, your move jeff.

Didn't watch any of it and had no intention of doing so - more interesting things to be getting on with.

If Lop can't find common ground as to the way forward with the board then we need a fresh start ASAP.

Not many of these that I would want to keep - Dawson (for a year or so at least), Lemina, Gomes, Cunha, Toti. There will have to be others that stay, but there are options elsewhere, but a lot are out of time. Neves should have been allowed out last year - he's served his sentance and should have got parole.

Clubs have tried doing this though they have bought cheaper & sold higher hoping to replicate the system next season. We have done the opposite by buying bigger and still not being capable.

The first system doesn't work either as you get 1 season wrong and you are gone ALA Soton this year. Brighton managed it this year, but how long will it be sustained. We are not going to be challenging the financial muscle at the top so need to work out a way to construct something that can be sustainable

We’re the product of multiple crap transfer windows since 2020.
An accumulation of either average Joe players or 1/5 players,
Blame for the situation Jeff and Fosun, Bruno Saunders for allowing a malaise to be the norm for over 12 months, Fosun again for not sacking the buffoon the day after the end of last season also leaving Scotty in charge of football decisions for to long.
Allowing the likes of Collins and Guedes to join for a combination of over £40m.
Good chunk of our players will be good in lesser leagues or when they’ve got someone carrying them.
Sa, Podence, Traore, Semedo, Neto will probably look very decent in leagues of lower quality but not the PL clearly obvious that both Kilman and Collins will only be able to look half decent with someone carrying them in CD if the 6 named are gone in the summer I won’t be disappointed along with a few others.
Nunes there’s a player there but we won’t see it consistently we’ve had glimpses and cameos but get the money back and move on.

Well this is all a bit shit, after escaping relegation fairly comfortably, with money spent in January, an elite manager in charge (even allowing for some weird line ups) I was hoping to look forward to next season and better football/results. Thank fuck the weather's nice and I can get out and do some fun stuff for a bit.

Back