• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal 5-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Last edited:
Thank God that seasons over. Enjoy your summer, all.

Hopefully we come back in a couple of months to see half of this squad have been sold.

Well having secured safety with three games to go I never imagined that at the final whistle on our season I’d be so pessimistic about our prospects for next season. Incredible how few players I would not be upset to never see in a Wolves shirt again.

A lot of work needed. I wonder if Lop is up for it?

I think unless there is a significant investment, and it doesn't look like there will be, we are going to struggle.

That shouldn't be any indication for next season.

Kilman has had his moments here, thanks for those and see ya. Collins, I don't even know. But he can't be playing here next season, even if he's technically still in the squad. Raúl... Would have been better off without that performance as his last.

I don't know if we need a complete overhaul, but we certainly have desperate needs in two (two and a half, I guess; Dawson ain't getting younger but he can still do the damn thing) extremely crucial positions. I've no idea what the recruitment plans could actually be, but the bar at striker and centerhalf is unbelievably low.

We’ll continue it here @Jinky- is the squad worth less than £50m.
Laugh all you like, you are wrong.

It's going to be an interesting summer. If it isn't, we're going to have to hope for 17th place next year.
Get the players in that can play how Lop needs them to. Any that can't, it's time to find a new club.

Our 2 worst PL defeats in 5 years have both come in the last month. That doesn't say much for squad mentality, irrespective of team selections. I don't want Lopetegui gone, but would a top class manager engaged in staying have let that happen? I'm not convinced.

Today should come as a surprise to no one playing two CB who are mentally on their knees and frankly completely disorganised, a CF who looks Sunday league level and others who happily have a day off when it suits them.
You can say today isn’t an accurate measurement of where we’re at but a GD of -27 is 31 GF is and 9 points away from home all season is to. We have dreadful and have accumulated a squad full of inconsistent lightweight players.

Our 2 worst defeats PL defeats in 5 years have both come in the last month. That doesn't say much for squad mentality, irrespective of team selections. I don't want Lopetegui gone, but would a top class manager engaged in staying have let that happen? I'm not convinced.
It's absolutely a concern, but we were so bereft of defensive quality today that I just can't hold Julen's tactics responsible (at least not by majority).

The mentality is tough, too, because Collins and Kilman have got to be a couple of the whiniest, most mentally feeble defenders I've ever seen.

More than that, did Collins, Kilman, and Sá say more than three words to each other all match? Fucking communicate. It's no wonder they're so calamitous together.

We’ll continue it here @Jinky- is the squad worth less than £50m.
Laugh all you like, you are wrong.
Obviously it was a tongue in cheek comment said in the heat of the moment. I’m laughing because you’re being weird about it.

Anyway, it says a lot about the mentality of this squad that as soon as safety was secured, we’ve been pathetic. Like others have said, 90% of the squad could be sold tomorrow and I wouldn’t lose a seconds sleep.

No idea how this summer is going to pan out, but if Fosun think they’ll be able to improve the squad AND be £50m in profit by the end of the window, I’ll have some of what they’re smoking.

Our 2 worst PL defeats in 5 years have both come in the last month. That doesn't say much for squad mentality, irrespective of team selections. I don't want Lopetegui gone, but would a top class manager engaged in staying have let that happen? I'm not convinced.

I agree, but also, it has been a weird season, and plenty of decent teams have had off-days where they've conceded shitloads (Liverpool let in 4 today)

A back 4 consisting of a 20 year old in his first season who hasn’t being playing recently, the two clowns in the middle and Nelson Semedo is probably the most spineless back 4 the league has ever seen.

Back