• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Arsenal (A) 28/5: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
They appear to have totally gone mentally. We are quietly appalling away from home. Something has to give.

I don't actually care too much who plays, in all honesty. Probably wouldn't be good management to hook Bentley after his error, especially if we know Sa is going. I'd rather not play Podence again as he was shite on Saturday.

------------------------------Bentley------------------------

Semedo-------------Dawson------------Toti----------Bueno

Matheus-------------J Gomes----------Neves--------Hwang

------------------------------Cunha----------------------------

-----------------------------Costa--------------------------------

2022/23: L 0-2 (H)
2021/22: L 0-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2020/21: W 2-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2019/20: L 0-2 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2018/19: W 3-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2011/12: L 0-3 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2010/11: L 0-2 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: L 1-4 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2004/5: L 0-2 (A, FAC)
2003/4: L 1-3 (H), L 0-3 (A), L 1-5 (A, LC)
1998/9: L 1-2 (H, FAC)
1997/8: L 0-1 (N, FAC)

Bentley
Lembikisa - Collins - Dawson - Bueno
Neves - Gomes
Sarabia - Cunha - RAN
Hwang (FFS)​

15/15 with 4.59 left.. for some reason the one I took longest on was our second in the 3-1 win!

Arsenal will pick themselves up for this one. We will do the Man Utd away performance

I think Lops will try and rectify the Raul situation and start him
Also think Sa will come back in

Sa
Semedo - Dawson - Kilman - Bueno
Nunes Neves Lemina Neto (if he is fit)
Sarabia Raul

Any team that doesn’t include Collins and Podence.

15/15 with 5.35 left.

Not the hardest one, admittedly.

Not bothered by the game, be nice if we showed up away from home but whatever, just get it done. Hopefully Podence and Collins aren't anywhere near the XI.

Bentley
Lembikisa - Collins - Dawson - Bueno
Neves - Gomes
Sarabia - Cunha - RAN
Hwang (FFS)​
Is FFS a new signing? I missed that announcement

Is he related to FFS Costa?

I'd go

Bentley
Semedo Collins Dawson Bueno
Gomes Neves
Sarabia Cunha Nunes
Costa

I'd quite like to see Nunes and João Gomes as a pair, maybe they could dovetail quote well but couldn't even comprehend not playing Neves. Otherwise Im not really that bothered, probably won't even watch it.

I think next season we'll mostly see:

Sarabia/Neto
--------------Lemina - Gomes - Nunes

With the left more advanced, quite like the look of that.

I'd go -

Sa
Semedo Dawson Kilman Bueno
Neves Gomes
Nunes Cunha Sarabia
Costa
It wouldn't surprise me to see us comfortably beaten here. They'll want to put on one last hurrah for their fans. Despite their horrible drop off over the last 10 games, they've still had an excellent season and they won't want to go out with a whimper. Us, on the other hand, we'll just want to get this one done & dusted and then get off on our holidays. Fully expecting us to try and keep it tight and hit them on the break, but if/when we concede, I think the floodgates may open.
I know Lop got it horribly wrong not bringing Raul on this past weekend, but hopefully he'll give him 5-10 minutes here.

I think next season we'll mostly see:

Sarabia/Neto
--------------Lemina - Gomes - Nunes

With the left more advanced, quite like the look of that.

The issue with that is that we would then be relying on our front 2 scoring every goal unless Neto has a miraculous return to form/ Sarabia starts doing what he did in Portugal.

I don't like Nunes being played as part of the front 4, he's not going to offer anything like enough end product because he's not that kind of player. The most important thing we need next year is a couple wide forwards who can chip in with 7-10 goals.

I know Lop got it horribly wrong not bringing Raul on this past weekend, but hopefully he'll give him 5-10 minutes here.
What's the chances of Raul "doing a Moutinho" and deciding he doesn't want to be involved?

I think Raul would be desperate for one last appearance especially at the ground where his career was wrecked. How sweet it would be if he could get one last goal too

Lop will watch this one in the stands. Has a one game touch line ban after picking up his 4th yellow of the season against Everton.

Lop will watch this one in the stands. Has a one game touch line ban after picking up his 4th yellow of the season against Everton.
Same as how he watched the home game against Arsenal - in the stands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back