• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

That's bollocks Mark, you do it to be an arse. That's your preogative, but at least own it.
The reactions are there to everyone to use in whatever way they see fit, if someone posts something that I find laughable why am I not allowed to use that reaction? Maybe I should make the effort to reply to such posts in an over aggressive and condescending manner the way some other posters do?

If people can't handle a bit of feedback that isn't overwhelmingly positive then perhaps they should be a bit more hesitant in posting them on an open forum? No-one goes chasing the reasoning behind likes do they? They just lap it up like everyone thinks they're speaking the truth.

fair result, good point. at least we don’t look completely clueless. JL is definitely the right man - just hope he can dig us out of bruno’s hole.

What happened to Sa last night? Went from looking like a world-beater against Utd to a pub player. Couldn't kick, looked nervous, flapped at that free kick that was pretty much straight at him, rather than catching it. Rushing off his line at the end nearly costing us a point.

Kilman needs taking out of the firing line ASAP. Their goal is just one long, straight ball right over the top and he's just trotting back without a care in the world. Then he doesn't learn his lesson and lets Bailey run in behind right at the end. Something not quite right there but of course, no one suitable to bring in. Toti isn't the answer & our recruitment team appear to be in no rush to get bodies in, despite what Hobbs said.

I agree with DW, in that I thought we were very lucky to keep Hwang on the pitch. That was a horrible tackle and I've seen red cards given for less. Very susprised VAR didn't overturn the decision and upgrade it to a red. Had it been the other way around and a yellow had been given, we'd have been furious. I'm not as convinced by the handball shout on Bueno, though. Oatley said on comms there was a rule about it not being handball if it bounces off a players own foot?

Just to clarify the point I was trying to make last night. 4 points from Julen's first 3 games is a reasonable amount and a definite improvement. But if we really want to start pulling away from the bottom three, we need to start converting performances in to points. With a bit more concentration and less individual errors, we could easily have taken 7 points from his first three games. Cut out those errors & get more bodies in through the door and hopefully we'll start to pull away. But it's not right that we should just be relying on three other teams being worse than us.

Last edited:
It's not exactly constructive feedback. Would you ever go up to someone, laugh in their face, and walk off in real life?
I agree. People can do what they like but, personally, I'd rather people posted some form of explanation when it's negative feedback. So I'd respectfully ask for it to be cut out.

I don't particularly have a dog in the fight, but Mark is hardly the only poster to use that emoji in an arguably negative/mocking way, isn't that why it was temporarily removed in the first place?

Surely either we all have the right to use it without being pulled up on it or none of us do?

It's not exactly constructive feedback. Would you ever go up to someone, laugh in their face, and walk off in real life?
My forum experience has been far more enjoyable since blocking him. He's actually made some really good points in the past and I've enjoyed engaging with him, but then he lets himself down with the petty laughing shite and doesn't appear to be taking the hint to stop. I'd prefer to not have people blocked.

You've never laughed at anyone in person?

It's no more or less constructive than any of the other reactions but as I've said, no-one ever questions a like do they?

I have to admit, I'd be a lot more sympathetic to some of the people on here being thin skinned about an emoji if aforementioned group didn't regularly reply in a passive aggressive and condescending manner to any POVs they disagree with. Hardly makes it a welcoming place to new members.

Internet drama. Isn't it ace?

I don’t think I’ve ever had an interaction with anyone where the only thing I’ve done is laugh in their face, no.
Why is it comparable to laughing directly in someone's face?

People posting on here generally aren't having one to one interactions, they're throwing their opinion out to all and sundry, at which point they lose control of who receives that opinion and how they choose to react to it. Have you never overheard and conversation and laughed at something that's been said? Or would you feel the need to butt in and explain what you found amusing? Never been in a meeting where someone has shared a laughable idea or opinion?

If people are so precious about how their views are taken and reacted to then they should probably refrain from sharing them so openly. Plenty of posters on here react to my posts via the same means, I imagine some of them doing so purely in what they would see as fighting fire with fire looking for some sort of reaction. I've never tried to pull anyone up on it that I can recall, in the same way I've never chased anyone to justify why they've liked a post of mine.

I have to admit, I'd be a lot more sympathetic to some of the people on here being thin skinned about an emoji if aforementioned group didn't regularly reply in a passive aggressive and condescending manner to any POVs they disagree with. Hardly makes it a welcoming place to new members.

Internet drama. Isn't it ace?
Depends how you use the forum doesn't it?

If you just come on here to shout into the ether and demand respect you're unlikely to get it.

If you're not a fan of the club and post laughing emojis at people it's bound to get their back up.

If you try to engage in discussion more likely than not you'll get one.

You've never laughed at anyone in person?

It's no more or less constructive than any of the other reactions but as I've said, no-one ever questions a like do they?
I can't imagine you're that brave to go up to someone you've heard an opinion from and laugh in their face.

Do that at work and you're likely to get disciplined. Do that in a pub and you're likely to get filled in.

Can we get on with discussing last nights game please? We can create a different thread for discussing emoji's and the use of them if necessary.

Personally I didn't see the game but the summariser on Sky Sports thought that we were terrific first half. She also stated that if we play that way then we'd have no problem in moving clear of the relegation zone. Was the 2nd half that bad to take away the optimism form the the first or were the injury/changes the reason that we struggled? Can credit be given to Emery for negating our threats with his changes?

Back